I have been reading through the posts and want to make sure I'm not missing ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Loading Sprint O/S on Verizon 8703e

Advertisement

I have been reading through the posts and want to make sure I'm not missing something. If I want to upgrade the O/S on my Verizon 8703e with the Sprint one (which is newer) I need to download the software from the link for Sprint, extract and remove the vendor.xml before applying to device. I can also upgrade the desktop manager. Will any programs need to be reinstalled? I loaded two through the desktop manager and all the others were OTA. From what I saw, the reason to do this upgrade is the O/S on Sprint is quiker, less memory leaks, etc. Any other reasons to do this upgrade? I just got the phone last Friday (love it so far), so I'm not sure if I need this, but when i was a "treo" guy (sorry, but at one time that is all they had at Sprint) I did custom ROMs and updated repeatedly.

Thanks.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7
    I am curious as well...what would be the advantages of using the Sprint OS vs. the Vzw OS? Are these "memory leaks" causing serious delays on my BB without me noticing?

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Count me interested as well.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There will not be a lot of amelioration juste some different bug could be arranged but others could become :P
    There's not need to upgrade DM since it's always the same thing unless you got 4.2
    And don't forget that the OS upgrade is at your own risks and if you upgrade Verizon could refuse to help you if you have any issues ( That's why pinstack is here anyway :P )

Hope this helps
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am running the sprint software on my vzw 8703e. Just back everything up and you will be okay

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Loading Sprint O/S on Verizon 8703e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go for it, I used to have the sprint os on my 8700g tmo and I love it.

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

Re: Loading Sprint O/S on Verizon 8703e

ok guys i have verizon 8703e first i updated to sprint os now using alltel its a little newer not much difference in the 3 alltel little faster as long as you keep logs cleared dont let them build up i was not having any problems with sprint just saw newer handheld os wanted to if any difference none noticed i have edited blackberry.als file for alltel if anyone goes with that one i will send it to you the one for sprint is here
    Last edited by cp6169; 01-19-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    pin me any time 22cf4edb