trying to get .101 on my world edition. downloaded new desktop manager 4.7. found the ... RIM Handheld OS forum
trying to get .101 on my world edition. downloaded new desktop manager 4.7. found the site to get .101 but when i delete the vendor nothing is happening it is sayin that there is no new updates? am i doing something wrong? can some please give some advice on what to do next
reports of DM 4.7 aren't so good.
i would uninstall 4.7, install 4.5 or 4.6 (both solid builds)
that's what my hypothesis for this issue
Did you delete the old device OS from your control panel?
Originally Posted by christopher24
Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
ok in the process of getting 101 again. downloaded desktop 4.6. should i then delete the vendor file once this is complete, hook up my bb then run desktop right?
You got it, Christopher! Good luck!
no my desktop manager will not reconize my phone, i connect it to the computer and nothing happens even when i start it up? what do i do now
1. Go to add-delete progs on pc.
2. Delete all DM versions on computer.
3. Download fresh install of 4.6 or 4.7
4. Go to the icon that your 101 upgrade put on your desktop. Here's where you had a problem: Click on the icon to run-install the upgrade on your pc. Follow all instructions till fully installed.
5. Once upgrade's installed, go to Start, Search, drop in vendor file. Locate it and delete it. Do this procedure twice, ensuring it's gone.
6. USB BB to pc.
7. Open DM. It should ask if you want to install upgrade
Further problems? PIN me. I'm here for ya. We'll get it done
Last edited by Berryadict; 12-03-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Here's a list of upgrades from Oct. Thought I saw one for Nov, but searching Stacks didn't produce the link. Maybe you'd have better luck finding it...