Which 7130? and provider?e c r g ?
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

Re: Latest OS for 7130?

I have the g version. I heard that there is a version which allows for file transfer via bluetooth, so I was enquiring.

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I would also like to know the latest OS version for 7130. I have the e. I see on VZW website, that there was an update on 5/31/07 to 4.1. But I don't know if its 4.1.1 or 1.2 or whatever. To be honest I can't figure out which OS I have now. If someone would let me know either or both it would be helpful. thanks
    Last edited by miro; 06-08-2007 at 10:42 AM.

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Quote Originally Posted by miro
    I would also like to know the latest OS version for 7130. I have the e. I see on VZW website, that there was an update on 5/31/07 to 4.2. But I don't know if its 4.2.1 or 2.2 or whatever. To be honest I can't figure out which OS I have now. If someone would let me know either or both it would be helpful. thanks
    I am running v4.1.0.268(platform 2.2.0.98) So I don't know if 4.1 will be an upgrade. Anybody know for sure? I am not having and problems with current OS but always want the newest if possible. Please let me know. Everyone on this site is great and I appreciate all the help and opinions.

thanks again
    Last edited by miro; 06-08-2007 at 10:43 AM.

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I just upgraded to the new VZW OS for 7130e. Its 4.1.0.344. I have no idea what benefit it serves. If anyone knows, please feel free.

breeri no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3010954D

I emailed VZW to ask them about the 5/31/07 update. They essentially said no new benefit. The latest 7130e software is Sprint's version, which they unveiled in February, I believe-- just install to your desktop and delete the vendor.xml file before connecting your 7130e to the computer. Then you'll be "on the cutting edge." Of course, that's what irks me about VZW-- here we're chatting about OS 4.2 and having it already come to the 7130g, and Verizon puts out a 4.1 version that is older than Sprint and Bell Canada, and it took Verizon over a year to update it. Really feeling the love there.

Though, in their email back to me, they said the following (among other things irrelevant to this topic):
    When 4.2 device software becomes available, you will be able to download it from the smithmicro website.

So it may not be an "if" VZW's 7130e will get the 4.2 OS, but "when".

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I am nervouse about puting someone elses OS on my VZW. Is there really a significant benefit? Thanks for the earlier info. I was pushing BB buttons and not seeing any differences from my new download.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Re: Latest OS for 7130?

Quote Originally Posted by miro
    I am nervouse about puting someone elses OS on my VZW. Is there really a significant benefit? Thanks for the earlier info. I was pushing BB buttons and not seeing any differences from my new download.
    There's no problem about using another carrier's OS on your BB, that will not screw up anything

BUT, there's always a but, you have to know that you do this at your own risk and your carrier could refuse to help you if you have any problem and could also void the warranty. OS upgrade are for advanced BB user and should be done only if really needed.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything just letting you know, if you still feel comfortable with doing this write me back and I'll gave you the exact procedure
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

The new OS seems to have a few minor changes that I have seen. It updates the screen you see while synching and it changed the font or spacing or something in the phone application. The font stayed the same everywhere except when sending or recieving a call. Weird.