Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by chokem waiting for AT&T I might wait for AT&T also. I have ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    waiting for AT&T
    I might wait for AT&T also. I have upgraded other carrier OS's in the past, but there are quite a few minor bugs that I shouldn't have to deal with going to 4.5. I'm not even sure AT&T's OS will deal with them all. Little things, like moving icons, certain themes locking up your phone, some incompatiblility with some 3rd party programs.
    I'm supposed to get a free 3G Iphone any day now. If it happens, I'll definately give it a try.
    I was really hoping to have a Bold by now, or at least a "real" stable 4.5, you really have to have patience with all this. The best part of that last statement is with all the apps and such that I have with my Curve, I'm really quite satisfied, as it is the best phone/handheld computer I've ever had so far.
    Last edited by ikasen; 07-17-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: still learning how to type and spell...........

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey all, I have a pearl 8100 with 4.2 on it. What kinds of issues would I encounter after installing this version of 4.5? I want to install the upgrade, but also want to know any current bugs, etc. before I do.

Thanks!

sodwarrior no está en línea Stack level 1
    i want to download and install this on my 8310 curve, but how do i install onto my phone? ive downloaded the os to my desktop but now what?

Charneus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24372D18
    All of us waiting for AT&T will probably be waiting forever. 4.5 has been an official release for over a month now, yet AT&T still has 4.2 on their site. Hell, Blackberry has gone through an official 4.5 upgrade, and still nothing from AT&T. That really irritates me to no end, honestly. Sigh.

Charneus

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    @Skier87 and others:
    I've installed .37, .46 and now .52 on my 8100 and this is the best one so far. HTML email now displays all pictures without having to choose the "get images" option. Minor enhancements to Address Book, Browser, Media Player and a cool new 'L' theme.
    Best of all, no lock ups, battery pulls, etc. on any of these releases. I did have an issue where the new voicemail icon did not display on .46 (I was late calling six people back) and I'm not sure if that's been resolved yet. I only have Google Maps installed as far as 3rd party apps go, which is where I'm guessing some people run into trouble. Bottom line is the pros outweigh the cons for me and each release should get better. Hope that helps you decide.

@jaydee:

Thanks a lot, very helpful. The only issue I've heard of with .52 is that there is some kind pa issue with the camera... White balance or something along those lines. Do you have that problem as well? I use my camera enough for that to really bother me.

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, there is definitely room to improve on the camera issue. I barely use it, so it's a non issue here. There are some white balance settings that you can adjust that may help. I know it can be handy in certain situations, but a 1 megapixel camera on a phone is somewhat of a novelty.

lingols7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E4D692
    this thing is as problematic as the last release. it was working for a minute then started with resetting thing again until i took out my memory card which is lame cuz there went all my music. cant have my music so i dont wanna play..

cb23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anybody know how to fix the camera issue? I have the .52 on my 8310 and the camera doesnt work at all.

From what I've heard it is supposed to work, but not well... the white balance is off, etc. Apparently .55 fixes the camera issue(s), but it is tough to find... I think it has only been officially released to RIM partners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123