Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry don't have numbers I just called my service provider(sprint) and ask them for the ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lesawags no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30155F71

Advertisement

Sorry don't have numbers I just called my service provider(sprint) and ask them for the number for their blackberry support and the connected me. If you can't find a good number posthere and ill keep checking back every 10min or so and ill dig a number up for.. Good luck . Lesa

Subzac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FD595D
    thanks Lesa, i suppose there is not many bb experts in Australia. My IT guy wants to give it a try, if that doesnt work i am willing to call someone in the US that can assist me.

abrownbarbie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400F8E9A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Subzac,
    I'm going to give a complete list of the steps needed, from start to fininsh, including wiping the BB using JL_Cmder.

1. Start by Downloading and installing Desktop Manager Version 4.1 or 4.2 from Desktop Software Downloads
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
      • If you don't find your carrier on this list and don't mind using another carriers OS (many Stackers have done so), use any one that you know carries the 8700
    3. Download and install JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    4. Connect you BB to your PC
    5. Open JL_Cmder,
    6. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    7. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected. Pay great attention to the items in RED.

Hope this Helps, Keep us informed.
    Rcbjr.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 11-17-2006 at 02:57 PM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by Subzac
    Well i tried my service provider and the scary part is i knew more than they did. So back to square 1, any ideas on how to get desk top manager to acknowledge my device?
    Thats because 95% of the service providers support is terrible...Richard posted a good post right above this...

Sorry, but I left work last night and just now came back across this post.

Any update?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I think I read in one of the other Treads on this subject that He got if fixed with dfc420s help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Subzac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FD595D
    Yes this problem has been resolved with many thanks to dfc420s for his time and patience and also the rest of you who responded thank you very much you are all a great bunch of people. Thank you Pinstack.

firefall no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: JVM Error 535 on 8700g HELP PLEASE

I had the JVM Error 535 Filesystem runtime check failed as well. The link in Rcbir's post for JL Cmder is bad, but you can get it here: blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads/links/5/452. But even without JL Cmder, the procedure in step 7 of Rcbir's post worked. Thanks.
    Last edited by firefall; 11-07-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Clarify references to another post

amazinglucky no está en línea Stack level 1
    just refresh it

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I had a JVM 547 error yesterday and called me service providers tech support who in turn had to transfer me directly to RIM. After about a 15 minute talk with RIM my only option was to reinstall my OS using the Desktop Manager. Took about 30 minutes to do, and luckily I had a backup I just created 4 days ago so I didn't lose anything. If you need RIM's support number it's (877)255-2377.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12