Well I just upgraded my 8100 to 4.5 and I am loving it! I was ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2

Just upgraded to os 4.5 minor problems though

Advertisement

Well I just upgraded my 8100 to 4.5 and I am loving it! I was always reluctant to do it because I was scared I wouldn't know what I was doing and then mess up my phone. Now I know that I should have done it a long time ago. Just loving it! Love the browser, love the media (full screen video player), streaming youtube, and I still haven't gone through the rest if there is anything else I should check out on 4.5 let me know. Oh and the themes available for 4.5 are so much better than 4.2. Just one thing though, after I did the upgrade, my voicemail icon won't go away. I tried battery pull, wipe handheld, checked my voicemail, it still won't go away. Besides that, I'm loving it so far. At first, it was kind of slow but then when I first did it I still had a theme on there that was just for 4.2. When I finally got a 4.5 theme on there then it started getting better. Not slow at all. If anything, its the same speed as 4.2 if not faster. I highly recommend all of you who don't have 4.5 on your 8100 to get it now! One other downside is that colorpearl doesn't work on 4.5 nor does pimp my pearl. If anyone knows of a program for 4.5 that would change the color of the trackball let me know. Doesn't matter though, id rather have all the new features of the 4.5 then have the colored trackball. Any suggestions on the voicemail icon thing please let me know. Its like I have a new phone! I should be happy with this until my contract runs out then ill get a storm.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Call your voicemail again and listen through all your option or to any voicemail you may have. You should get a message like select your option or press * to disconnect. Try ending the call that way instead of just hanging up and see if it goes away.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nope didn't work I also had someone call me and leave a voicemail for me to delete but it still won't go away

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Congrats dude. I was scared before updating my 8100 as well but as you can see is like having a new phone especially coming from a 4.2. Exactly which 4.5 OS are you running? Oh and download blingball from the download section here on pinstack works like a charm with 4.5.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I need to find a link to download 4.5.75. I have an 8100 and just backed up. All I'm looking for now is the OS. Can anybody help?

The 4.5 I got is 4.5.0.44 I thought it was .81 but when I did it and looked on my phone it says .44 is there anything different with the other 4.5s I should know about?

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah. Thing is each OS affects, each device differently for some odd reason. My first 4.5 OS was .52 it was cool but made my camera pics green. Then it was on to .81 but that gave me a massive memory leak, then .93 (beta) no problems with that. Now my on .102, first the pearl then my curve and so far it's great.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have the .102 and so far the problem i'm getting is not being able to sign in to msn messenger through the OZ IM app. it keeps telling me invalid screename or password but it used to work fine before the update and i can still log in to AIM and yahoo with it.