hey so i just upgraded to the new os on my bb 8310. i'm finding ... RIM Handheld OS forum

bonezdmw no está en línea Stack level 1

Just upgraded to 4.5.0.55(81)

Advertisement

hey so i just upgraded to the new os on my bb 8310. i'm finding that it is running alot slower than 4.2. when i do certain things like went on youtube my screen turned black the red light came on and it restarted the system. ??? just wondering why that would happen is there anything that can be done to fix this and if these things continue can anyone provide a link to downgrade back to 4.2... i'm with rogers

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm noticing the same thing with the media player as well. I downloaded the .55 software and added it on to one of my guinea pig 8310 and I do notice that it does run a little slower. You should be able to download the 4.2 OS from Rogers website. I would probably recommend downgrading the 4.5 to the .18 software I'm using that on my daily usage 8310 and haven't had a problem yet.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Bonez! Welcome to PinStack!

Sorry to hear about your issues with v4.5. Is your phone unlocked by any chance? You might need to update your APN/TCP settings.

Also, if you want to downgrade, you can just go to the Rogers web site and get their most current official release from there. Just make sure you delete the the 4.5 OS off your PC with add/remove programs.

bonezdmw no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the welcome RoGro, i don't have an unlocked phone i got my bb curve 8310 from rogers. What is APN/TCP setting and what should they be set to?

Quote Originally Posted by bonezdmw View Post
    Thanks for the welcome RoGro, i don't have an unlocked phone i got my bb curve 8310 from rogers. What is APN/TCP setting and what should they be set to?
    I was wondering if it was an unlocked phone from another carrier you were using on Roger's network. Those settings need to be correct in order to run some apps that require streaming. You should be fine.

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    It has been confirmed by many Roger users on another forum that youtube is blocked, all video streaming is blocked. I'm also using OS 4.5.0.55 and tired youtube without any luck. I've had no issues with this OS at all and when I attempted to view streaming videos, I would just get a message saying this is not supported.

Well there ya go! Thanks for the heads up, sumthinnew.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sumthinnew View Post
    It has been confirmed by many Roger users on another forum that youtube is blocked, all video streaming is blocked. I'm also using OS 4.5.0.55 and tired youtube without any luck. I've had no issues with this OS at all and when I attempted to view streaming videos, I would just get a message saying this is not supported.

I'm on att myself and I don't have any restrictions on youtube but it is a little slow to download. My 8310 with the .55 is used strictly as a media player as it has no sim card connected to it and my daily usage 8310 is using .18 O/S and I don't seem to have any problems with youtube or any other of the common problems notated with 4.5 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I'm on att myself and I don't have any restrictions on youtube but it is a little slow to download. My 8310 with the .55 is used strictly as a media player as it has no sim card connected to it and my daily usage 8310 is using .18 O/S and I don't seem to have any problems with youtube or any other of the common problems notated with 4.5 upgrade.
    Not sure why this is, but I get this strange urge to stick my finger up my nose whenever I read your posts.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Not sure why this is, but I get this strange urge to stick my finger up my nose whenever I read your posts.
    Its great! keeps my sinuses clear and its better than sticking it up my Huh mm...

OracleX no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where did you download 4.5 for Rogers 8310 Blackberry's? I have looked at the Rogers site and Blackberry site and can't find it.

jab
    jab no está en línea Stack level 1

nice!!!

nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by OracleX View Post
    Where did you download 4.5 for Rogers 8310 Blackberry's? I have looked at the Rogers site and Blackberry site and can't find it.
    You can use another carrier's OS on your device as long as the OS is for your SPECIFIC device. In other words, you wouldn't be able to put the OS for an 8100 on your 8310.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by OracleX View Post

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76342

This should be of great assistance to you.