I downloaded OS 4.5.0.55 for my 8310 from the austrian link shown in this forum ... RIM Handheld OS forum

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Just can't get OS 4.5.0.55 working on my 8310

Advertisement

I downloaded OS 4.5.0.55 for my 8310 from the austrian link shown in this forum a few days ago.

Working with DM 4.5, which works absolutely fine, I followed all the instructions given in the upgrade help thread, deleted the vendor file (I'm on O2 Ireland who hasn't released their version yet) etc.

First time round I got a 'fatal error' during the installation, managed to wipe and re-install my 4.2.2.181 after several painstaking attempts.

I then did another wipe and managed to load all of OS 4.5 onto my bb until DM told me 'operation successful'. Unfortunately all I got in the end was a 507 screen and the new OS never booted up.

I tried this a couple more times but still got only up to the same point as before.

Now I'm back to 4.2.2.181, wondering did I miss anything crucial, or is my device just jinxed and I'm experiencing problems that nobody else seems to have?

Any help would be really appreciated.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How did you "wipe" your device?

Did you wipe it witih JL_cmdr?

You might want to try uninstalling both the OS and DM and reinstalling them both, reboot your PC and then trying the upgrade again.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes, I used JL_cmder to wipe.

Didn't try reinstalling DM yet. Will give that a try.

Thanks RoGro.

You might even consider using DM 4.3 instead. 4.5 has been a little flaky for me, not with regard to upgrades, but I've heard that others have had issues with it.

Good luck!

Roger

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I also got this error when I installed a new OS once. Double check that you deleted the vendor.xml and make sure it is not a hidden file. Then make sure that only the new OS file is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files, after doing these, the upgrade loaded without a problem. Good Luck!
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I had this issue with .69. I restarted my PC, uninsalled DM, reinstalled DM and restarted the PC after reinstalling. I kept on getting the fatal error. I went to a friends house and reloaded .55. I should of tried reloading .55 on my PC just to make sure it wasn't my PC.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.55 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Oh yeah, I hard reset my BlackBerry and my computer also! Forgot about that part! Thanks for reminding me HeavyComponent!
    Last edited by Bnorwood1; 08-02-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

SebasC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAAC32
    4.5.0.55 Installation is Crap! I never had anyyyyy problems with any of the previous versions but this one is giving me nothing but heartaches... Had to wipe my phone.. failed installations etc..

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Wait... I didn't think there was a .55 version for the 8320 yet... Right?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You might even consider using DM 4.3 instead. 4.5 has been a little flaky for me, not with regard to upgrades, but I've heard that others have had issues with it.

Good luck!

Roger
    I agree about the 4.5 DTM-whats up with that? Super slow and unresponsive-I think Im going back to 4.3, it worked great.

theuprightman24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got the .72 version working ok a few minor problems:

1) A few progams like GPSed and GPS tracker refuses to connect - network errors.
    Not sure whether that is a OS problem or what.?
    2) My phone number does not display when I make a call - says unknown number.

Apart from the issues above I have been impressed - tool me to attemps to install suggest not backing up and starting a fresh.

8310 on O2 UK.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for the advice. I rolled back to DM 4.3, and after another wipe and PC reboot the new OS 4.5.0.55 installed first time with no probs.

It's looking great. Been waiting for this for ages and am a really happy camper now!

Thanks again,

David

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhours View Post
    Hey guys,

Thank you all for the advice. I rolled back to DM 4.3, and after another wipe and PC reboot the new OS 4.5.0.55 installed first time with no probs.

It's looking great. Been waiting for this for ages and am a really happy camper now!

Thanks again,

David
    Cool, David! Glad it worked out for you!

Roger