I've searched these forums in & out. I've googled it-- yet I still haven't discovered ... RIM Handheld OS forum

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Issues installing new OS

Advertisement

I've searched these forums in & out. I've googled it-- yet I still haven't discovered a remedy to this particular issue.

Check it out-- I have an 8310 and I'm trying to install the 4.5 OS. I've followed the instructions on installing/upgrading an OS as suggested by several sites [including this one] but to no avail.
    I downloaded and installed the 4.5 OS on my PC and removed the vendor ID. However, when I connect my device and run DM-- nothing. I run app loader-- nothing.
    I've uninstalled; reinstalled; rebooted and the like a innumerable amount of times-- nothing.
    Can anyone offer me any other suggestions/recommendations? Please & thank you.
    b r a n d o n m c c a l l

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    brandon, do you have any previous versions installed on your PC? you will have to UNinstall those as well before DM will recognize any upgrade.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb
    Just to confirm, you removed the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Correct?

I have about 8 different versions of handheld code loaded at the same time that cover 4 different devices, that I may connect for support. I could uninstall old versions, but have never bothered. The correct device recognizes the newest version of handheld code for the specific device.

Only problem I have ever run into, is the Vendor.xml file.

Good luck.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yes sir.
    Exactly as you've illustrated. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich View Post
    Just to confirm, you removed the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Correct?

I have about 8 different versions of handheld code loaded at the same time that cover 4 different devices, that I may connect for support. I could uninstall old versions, but have never bothered. The correct device recognizes the newest version of handheld code for the specific device.

Only problem I have ever run into, is the Vendor.xml file.

Good luck.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    I had a previous version for my old 8820 that I uninstalled. Yet and still..

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    brandon, do you have any previous versions installed on your PC? you will have to UNinstall those as well before DM will recognize any upgrade.

borat3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    when i downloaded the 4.5 on my 8320 all i had to do is extraxt the zipped file and it automaticallydownloaded for me when i opened the desktop manager

PIN/ID
    319B7413
    I'm having the same problem with no answers.
    DM works fine until I install the OS on the PC then DM won't detect the device.

PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm not having issues with DM recoginizing my device. However-- isn't it a bit frustrating when you have the prospect of 4.5 OS at your fingertips with no means of installation? (T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by blackngray70 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with no answers.
    DM works fine until I install the OS on the PC then DM won't detect the device.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~brandon I'm also in the same situation. I'm not sure why dm won't recognize it. 4.5 shows up under my install/remove icon under control panel. Any tips? Maybe a bad version of 4.5?

louns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267EEF
    I am having the same problem on my 8310. I even tried the Vodaphone 4.2 and it is not recognized. My DM no longer shows any OS, just my third party apps. I have downloaded the latest DM 4.3. Under about DM it shows the three OS's on my desktop but doesn't acknowledge they exist when I use the app loader. Any ideas? Thanks

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    I had the problem where it wouldn't detect my phone once i tried to install once, got an error.. So I restarted my computer, and did a battery pull and Wala it worked fine for me, installed very smooth and had no more problems!

Shimmy

louns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24267EEF
    I finally got it to work by downloading DM 4.3 without Roxio. For some reason my Vista computer does not like Roxio.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can download the package without that roxio crap? Where?

EDIT: I found it... :P
    Last edited by DonGato; 04-24-2008 at 02:02 AM.