RIM has been at it for years now and this is the calendar app they ... RIM Handheld OS forum

scottmcn no está en línea Stack level 1

Is the BB calendar really this bad?

Advertisement

RIM has been at it for years now and this is the calendar app they include with their device? Case in point, I want to add an appointment with a customer, not someone in my organization, but rather someone whom I have just scheduled a meeting with in person or over the phone and don't want to bother with another "invitation" via email. With the BB calendar I need to manuually type this person's name in the subject of the appointment and there is no link to their contact from the appointment? Very lame. Once a contact is in the PIM it should be accessible as the subject of an appointment. The less typing required the better when it comes to phones and of course I should be able to just click the person's name from the appointment to bring up their contact for a phone call or email. If I am missing something, let me know. I can't even copy and past the person's name as the subject of the appointment as the name is only available in parts (first, last) in the contact itself.

I have looked all over for BB compatible apps that will allow for the creation of an appointment like this without the need to re-type names. There are options in the Windows Mobile world, but apparently nothing for the BB. This is basic stuff.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are right it should be easy...and it is. Once you tpe in the subject of the meeting, press the menu key (left side of trackball) and select "Invite Attendee.". You can select anyone from your contacts, or even a name of someone new.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    If you have enabled quick entry in the calendar options you can go to the day, and specific time. Type the meeting title, hit enter. then menu, open and go to invite attendee as stated above. simple. if you have a 7:15 appointment, enter it at 7:00 and hold the alt key and roll the track wheel. This will more the appointment back or foward in 15 minute increments. Hope this helps.

Aron

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcn View Post
    RIM has been at it for years now and this is the calendar app they include with their device? Case in point, I want to add an appointment with a customer, not someone in my organization, but rather someone whom I have just scheduled a meeting with in person or over the phone and don't want to bother with another "invitation" via email. With the BB calendar I need to manuually type this person's name in the subject of the appointment and there is no link to their contact from the appointment? Very lame. Once a contact is in the PIM it should be accessible as the subject of an appointment. The less typing required the better when it comes to phones and of course I should be able to just click the person's name from the appointment to bring up their contact for a phone call or email. If I am missing something, let me know. I can't even copy and past the person's name as the subject of the appointment as the name is only available in parts (first, last) in the contact itself.

I have looked all over for BB compatible apps that will allow for the creation of an appointment like this without the need to re-type names. There are options in the Windows Mobile world, but apparently nothing for the BB. This is basic stuff.

Have you tried Pocket Day? I am not sure if this will give you the option you are looking for.