so i decided to install the OS 4.5 on my 8100 Pearl. Everything seems to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jikozi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5

Installed OS 4.5...now no music/ringtones?

Advertisement

so i decided to install the OS 4.5 on my 8100 Pearl. Everything seems to work great. I love the new font, the browser is great, camera works just fine, and i like the overall feel of the new OS. I did hit a snag though.

I am using a 1gb microSD card. both the desktop manager and the phone recognize it, however the media player on the Pearl will not see any of the music. it finds all the pictures, but no music or ring tones files. i have tried different settings, with no luck...the media player just displays "Scanning" at the bottom of the screen and never gets anywhere.

here is the kicker: when i "explore" through the media player all the songs show up and i can play them. any ideas why the media player wont just show the songs/ring tones?! Help!

thanks in advance!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Which folders exactly are the ringtones and songs in? What are the paths?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5
    they are on the media card in the following folders:

songs are in: media card / blackberry / music
    ringtones: media card / blackberry / ringtones

PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5
    got them to show up for a second, and then they disappeared again. weird.

PIN/ID
    23EEA0F5
    ok. seems all good now. and i didnt even change anything. LOL

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8
    I'm having the same problem Jikozi but mines hasn't come up yet
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Something similar happened to me. I was reading all of the threads about the spinning hourglass and the constant reboots and one of the remedies was to format my SD card. I dropped and dragged my entire card onto my desktop and then formatted my card. Well, I thought everything was fine......until...

I dragged my "Blackberry" folder back onto my card and for some mysterious reason, all of my ringtones and pictures in my picture folder disappeared :cry:. I had another folder with pictures in it, that was fine. I had a music folder with over a Gig of music, all fine. I have no clue as to why my picture and ringtone file came up being empty.

The ringtones I've replaced for the most part....I knew where I got them from but for the pictures, some that I cannot ever replace.....was lost. I should be bitter but I'm not. I won't blame RIM for having the memory card issue not taken care of. I've since then upgraded to .42 and with the format issue done, the memory card issue of rebooting and spinning hourglasses is done and the OS runs smooth.

They're still some things that they've changed that I don't like, like not having the option anymore in the media player or the browser to "hide" so you can do something else real fast and come back. Done with. Not happy about that!! I've had to load Facebook even though the DM says it's already loaded to my phone. The vendor themes that were unlocked are gone , maybe someone can post if they've tried so that I can as well.

They're a lot of "do overs" associated with this OS. From re-registering with Viigo, to having MyFaves all screwed up and having to redo them. Playback volume in Voicenotes is almost inaudible. Of course there's the camera issue that may have me downgrade to maybe .18 because of this "white balance" issue. I read a thread where someone hit the guys bus and went to take pictures but could not, because of this issue. I don't take a lot of pics but you should be able to, especially in those situations.

I'm also noticing more than usual, battery drainage (it may just be me). I like the spell check, although can be annoying. I'm digging the "L" Theme and the fact that you can make playlists on the fly with the media player. I don't have that scanning thing at the bottom everytime I go the memory card. These are just some of the issues with this OS. This is very, very subpar for RIM. Something needs to be done. The much awaited for OS is a flop and a major disappointment.

jkois no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C0FE6
    what the hell do you mean 4.5?? what is that?? am i missing something?? i don't see it anywhere!!!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    jkois -- it was on the front page for a week

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=76299

my media card issue is similar in that the issues started when i upgraded. once upgraded, the card didn't work, so i reformatted (seem to work) but then i decided i didn't like the OS, and i downgraded. media card can be explored via pc, but cannot be explored on the bb and now everytime i unplug it i get an error asking me to reformat. i haven't done that yet bc i have a 4g card that is almost full. takes a long time to put everything back on it

Malluco no está en línea Stack level 2
    I updated my 8100 Pearl also to OS 4.5.0.37, and i did not have problem. He´s work so well
    I had an article on my blog, see to address

http://blog.malluco.com/2008/06/18/v...ackberry-8100/

is in Portuguęs (Brazil), you need to translate to your language :-), using Google Translate !! Click here to you see the version in Enlish translated with Google Translate

So long

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have this problem now...

Some of my old music is on the media player, but anything i load onto it thats new wont show up. It says scanning at the bottom but never does anything...

My videos also wont show up even my old ones. They do show up in explore mode...

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait for the official U.S.A release this is why I'm waiting for my carrier to release it it seems everybody is releasing a buggy beta lol I've been contimplating for awhile but these are way to many problems to over come