Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, here's the dea. Just a little over two weeks ago, I bought a Blackberry ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ecroarturo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question In SERIOUS need of help updating OS and other issues.

Advertisement

Okay, here's the dea. Just a little over two weeks ago, I bought a Blackberry 7230 off of E-bay. The cell phone works fine, but I've grown tired of Brickbreaker and the 'basic' look of the Blackberry's icons and whatnot. I need help finiding a couple things, and if someone could PLEASE redirect me to links with WORKING downloads for the following as well as step by step instrctions with what to do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here are the problems I'm having:

1. With this being an older model, the operating system is 4.0.0.185 I need the most recent OS available for the T-MOBILE BLACKBERRY 7230, and I need to know EXACTLY what I need to do to put it on there. I ask this because it seems without upgrading the operating systems, I'm unable to find ANY themes or games that work on my phone.

2. Again, I'm growing bored of the Brickbreaker game, but I'm having trouble finding games that work on my phone. The only games I seem to find are either .jar files (which my phone won't read) or .alx/.cod files, but for some reason the screen either goes completely black or requires registration to play. For the .jar files, i DID find a program for converting, but it requires a JDE program I can't find ANYWHERE online.

3. My third and final problem comes in issues with the Theme Reader. I downloaded the plazmic theme reader to my Blackberry, because supposedly the 'How to' guide I read said I needed it. Unfortunately, even though Ive downloaded it and it SHOWS UP in the 'Appications' area of my Blackberry options, it still doesn't allow me to access the custom theme I loaded, even by taking the battery out and resetting as the guide suggests. My thought there is that it does mention it needs to be run on a high enough OS to run.

If there is ANYONE out there that can give me links AND INSTRUCTIONS (please, please include what i'm supposed to do. I'm a total noob with this thing.) I would GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try reading trough the links in my blog. If you don't find the answers you are looking for post back and myself or someone else will be more than happy to help you.

I must be missing something or else not doing it right. I've gone through the steps for upgrading the OS multiple times on the t-mobile site, but i end up with the same result. I downloaded both files from the site for my 7230. Is there something I'm not understanding that I need to do for it to upgrade?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What steps have you taken so far?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just did some checking and the 4.0.0.185 is the most current OS offered by TMO.

I downloaded the Handheld software file into th same folder my Desktop Softwae file was, and installed it. Once I do, it opens up the Desktop Manager Software. I open up the application loader, but there's no indication of any files that upgrade my OS. What did I miss?

Oh, okay, well then moving on to problem 2. Can you help me with my game situation?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure on the games sorry.

That's alright. I guess the last thing I can hope you can help me with. What about themes for it. Again, I downloaded the Plazmic Theme Reader onto my phone, then tried downloading a Zelda based theme I found. Ive tried looking in the theme section. I've tried pulling out the battery and replacing it, but neither situation produced any results. Then again, I don't have the ability to access an 'edit permission' menu on my phone, at least, not for the Themes. Anything you can help me with there?

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I would try loading a more current os from a different carrier for your phone and delete the vendor xml file search the stacks on downloading os from other carriers that way you may be able to get a newer os...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    With most themes being 4.2 or later I am not sure there is a solution for you there either. maybe someone else will have a better answer.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The OS that came with that phone is the latest OS there is.

I'm scared to do that because this is my only phone and I'm worried about ruining it. If I had step by step instructions (perhaps someone that could talk to me via Yahoo or MSN messenger and can guide me) I'd feel a bit easier, but I don't want to ruin it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    I would try loading a more current os from a different carrier for your phone and delete the vendor xml file search the stacks on downloading os from other carriers that way you may be able to get a newer os...
    The latest from any other carrier is 4.0.2.56. You can go here to get them but it won't help your theme or game situation.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Hmmm did carriers kinda just dumped the 7xxx series or what...?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast