Just wanted to see what the interest level is for this software out here? Does ... RIM Handheld OS forum

nhblacklabs no está en línea Stack level 1

IBM Lotus Sametime 7.5 Mobile

Advertisement

Just wanted to see what the interest level is for this software out here?

Does your company use Sametime servers?

It's a very slick interface (same as Sametime 7.5 for Windows, Linux or Mac) and built for the Blackberry. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and it is really a nice package - connection to Yahoo, AOL & Google chat are planned.

I won't have screenshots until I get my 8703e from Verizon. But will post as soon as I do for anyone who is interested.

I work in IBM development and would like to hear from you, my peers, on your thoughts to finally having a Sametime client for the Blackberry (I'm not counting the rough midp client we had a while ago!!).

Thanks

jmiddleton no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: IBM Lotus Sametime 7.5 Mobile

I would say that this is an excellent idea. We use Sametime on the BB right now and it's awesome. I would love to be able to upgrade to something a bit more Sametime-esque. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nhblacklabs
    Just wanted to see what the interest level is for this software out here?

Does your company use Sametime servers?

It's a very slick interface (same as Sametime 7.5 for Windows, Linux or Mac) and built for the Blackberry. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and it is really a nice package - connection to Yahoo, AOL & Google chat are planned.

I won't have screenshots until I get my 8703e from Verizon. But will post as soon as I do for anyone who is interested.

I work in IBM development and would like to hear from you, my peers, on your thoughts to finally having a Sametime client for the Blackberry (I'm not counting the rough midp client we had a while ago!!).

Thanks

mspalacios no está en línea Stack level 1

Absolutely. Pls keep me in mind for any betas

mpick no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi ,where to get the sametime 7.5 for BB ? thanks in advance

athenslb57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, I am in absolutley. Please get the client out sooner than later.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

Sure, why not? We're a Notes shop, so we use SameTime on the desktop already (albeit a badly out of date version they really need to update). What's one more messenger on the BB?

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro
    On a PC does Sametime 7.5 need a Client or can it be accessed through a Browser?

Colorado_RN no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: IBM Lotus Sametime 7.5 Mobile

We have recently deployed Sametime and have since experienced an increase in orphan connections to the Sametime server, which uses up the "available" connections and Sametime goes down for the organization. Is this something that can be corrected with installing a difference version upgrade or any ideas?

We also have a large 'pending' list on our devices, which I certainly do not understand. Some days a person can be in the active list then in the pending. I find it cumbersome to keep going to my contact list, selecting them and then saving them back to my active list only for it to change when my device locks. Suggestions are greatly welcomed.
    Thank you,

chrisfrmga no está en línea Stack level 1

Our company has put a new SameTime server in and running now but our PC Desktop clients have not had the 7.5.1 update pushed. We are still on (believe or not) version 2.5. Now that the new SameTime server is up, I have installed the SameTime messaging software on our QA BES 4.1.4 box and have put myself on the server. It is a QA server that goes up against production Exchange. Anyway, I have pushed out the Blackberry SameTime client for 25 users in a very small pilot. If this works, then I will be deploying it out to over 7,000 Blackberries. I will let you know how it goes in our environment.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hi. I am a heavy sametime 7.5 user @ the office. We got several thousand people connecte on it and all our international and overseas users have it. It ia an amazing communication tool. I don't have it connected via BB but I wanted to know if there a way to connect it if I know my proxy settings to the corporate server. ?

PlouneourMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2053CDCF

Re : IBM Lotus Sametime 7.5 Mobile

We used today Sametime connected to more than 10 countries (1000 users) and now Sametime is ised on the BlackBerry with BlackBerry Enterprise Messenger for Sametime version 1.1.16

It's really a good tool. It's still some problem with the Pearl but with the 8700 no problem.
    Nicolas

Alias Plouneour Man