I'm a newbie and I'm in need of some help. I purchased a used Blackberry ... RIM Handheld OS forum

matthewmegally no está en línea Stack level 1

I need some technical support!

Advertisement

I'm a newbie and I'm in need of some help. I purchased a used Blackberry 7290 that was running an older version of it's software so I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.0.1.12 as well as the Handheld Software Version 4.1.0.377. I was able to successfully connect to the Desktop Manager and use the Application Loader to successfully install all the new software I had just downloaded from the T-mobile website.

But then...I accidentally deleted a bunch of things from my BB through the Application Loader and I have no idea how I did it. Before I started screwing around, I had 19 icons on my home screen and now I only have 15.

Can someone please tell me how I can completely reinstall EVERYTHING that Handheld Software Version 4.1.0.377 has and bring my BB back to the 19 icons and full capacity that it once had.

Thanks,
    Matt

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: I need some technical support!

What applications are you missing. They may have been 3rd party apps which you do not have.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

When you run desktop manager on the last screen of the app loader you will see what is being added and removed, check that next time to see exactly what is happening. As for what is already gone, as Rcb said it may have been third party apps which all you may need to do is redownload them. What are you missing? Odds are the links for those apps are found right here on pinstack.

matthewmegally no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help!

I would try to check everything again and reinstall it, but I seem to have deleted the Applications from my handset THROUGH the Application Loader and they are no longer in the Application Loader.

I'm not sure which Applications I'm missing, but I can tell you which ones I have, and maybe you can help me further. I have:

Enterprise Activation
    Address Book
    Calendar
    Alarm
    Profiles
    BrickBreaker
    Calculator
    Pictures
    Search
    Options
    Lock
    Turn Wireless Off
    Turn Power Off

Thanks all,
    Matt

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well since we don't know what apps you deleted, let's start over. Do you still have the downloaded exe file? If so, use Windows Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the OS (4.1.0.377) from your PC. Then Execute it again. Connect Your BB to your PC and Open Desktop Manager and then Application Loader. Make sure that any features and Core Apps you want loaded to your BB have a check Mark in the appropriate Check Box and the ones you don't want don't. If you are actually missing any of the OS and Core Applications you have checked it will load them when you complete the load.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I dont see "Tasks", "Memopad", "password keeper" or"help", just to name a few. Do as Rcb said and you will be ok.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Looks like you deleted the browser which can be brought back by resending the service books to the device. Go to Setup Internet Email on your pc and resend the service books from there. Then reregister the BB on the network by going to Options, Host Routing Table and then Register Now. Not sure how to do a reset on a 7290 though