I recently updated the software on my 7290 to 4.1. It works well I got ... RIM Handheld OS forum

dc2193 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I am missing a browser icon on 7290 for Cingular

Advertisement

I recently updated the software on my 7290 to 4.1. It works well I got the themes to load fine and no where on the phone can I get a browser icon. emails come through fine and Cingular Tier two and I have gone round and round to make sure the back end is provisioned correctly. Anyway to install a browser ap by way of desktop manager? and if so which one?

We have done everything. She can send and recieve emails but not get on the internet nor open attachments. Is thier a bug in the 4.1 update for the 7290?? any ideas would be great.
    *[s][h][a][e]*
    ~be the change you want to see~
    Ps. 127:1
    ~Unless the Lord builds the house,
    it's builders labor in vain~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: I am missing a browser icon on 7290 for Cingular

Well, lets start off simple...have you tried to do a register now, to properly send all service books to your device? Also, check your service books and see if you have one for browser.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Well if you've talked with a Tier 2 tech I would suppose you've already sent service books, especially if your getting emails. You can download opera mini with a PC using this link for your 7290, unzip the file and install it via desktop manager. The Link is as follows:

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile...lackberry_7290

Hopefully this will work out for you to get on the internet via your BB!

dc2193 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

thank you thank you I needed some perspective. I'd lost focus, I'd tried so many things. much appreciated Ill try those two things for her! i have like seven different handsets working for the company and Opera is by far one of my favorite aps. I already sent her the link to download it by email but she hasn't gotten back to me on whether or not she tried to click on the link. Thanks again.
    Last edited by dc2193; 08-04-2006 at 12:47 AM. Reason: partial comment
    *[s][h][a][e]*
    ~be the change you want to see~
    Ps. 127:1
    ~Unless the Lord builds the house,
    it's builders labor in vain~

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and make sure you have the "Browser" application installed. It's not unheard of for it not to be installed during an upgrade because the checkbox wasn't checked.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

I'm sure the Cingular rep had you do this, but the option for register now in version 4.1 is under Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Pick an entry in that list, click and choose Register Now. That should bring back the Cingular Browser or mMode, as well as the Internet Browser.

If you're going through a BES and need the Blackberry Browser, you need to make sure MDS is enabled for their account.

Two more kind of obivous things to check are:
    1) from the main screen, press ALT+Wheel and choose SHOW ALL to make sure the icon simply isn't hidden.
    2) Under Options > Advanced Options > Browser, have the user read off what she sees there when she chooses Change Option for the Default browser Configuration. If you're not on a BES, you should see Internet Browser and Browser or mMOde. If you're on a BES, you may see Blackberry Browser in the list as well.

If you haven't had the user do a reset of the device (ALT+CAP+DEL), it's worth a shot, as I've had that be the thing that conviced it to work.

I feel your pain with the different handsets. I have to support 14 models of BB and 4 carriers (6 if you count T-Mobile UK and Hutchinson in Hong Kong, but if I have to talk to those two, things are really, really bad). Just keeping the firmware straight is a pain, which Im trying to fix by getting all devices of a particular type on the same firmware. It's taking a while, but we're getting through it.

mcmilia no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks - Sure helped me out!

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano View Post
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and make sure you have the "Browser" application installed. It's not unheard of for it not to be installed during an upgrade because the checkbox wasn't checked.

raghavendra no está en línea Stack level 1
    i bought blackberry 7290 browser icon is missing someone pls help