Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by dfc420 I believe there is steps that need to be taken to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    I believe there is steps that need to be taken to put 8700 os on 8703 and vice versa.

Look here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...94_8707_a.html
    8703 by sprint is my current OS.. very fast and stable for me .. I dont know if I should upgrade to this 4.2 thing.. this is not official yet. Still thinking about it. For those of you guys have have tried this 4.2 please post and let us know what you think or what's new. Thanks a lot!

slash1guitar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone,

The link is bb8700v42.blogspot .com (please remove the space in the link as i couldn't post it ecxactly the way it should be, sorry.)

I did upgrade my O.S from to 4.2 and it works just fine, but i noticed some differrences over previous versions:

-it takes longer time to install.
    -i noticed that it's running a little slower than the previous version (4.1).
    -the media player is not yet perfect, it doesn't fill up the screen, and i couldn't change the volume.
    -there are some exciting features, like VOIP calls and GPS (you need a bluetooth reciever though)
    -you can add pictures to phone numbers (picture ID call)
    -the picture quality is not as good as with the Ascendo program i was using before, but it's ok.
    I replaced the .alx file, and it opened all the operators Thems (Bell Them doesn't work though)
    -the zen them is perfect.
    -the battery drains faster and the icon just disappears from time to time.
    All in all, it works!!! and i like it!!!

But remember that this is not the release version it might not work for you so use it at your own risk.

Lightbulb The next Blackberry 8700 series handheld software.

The Link is (delete the space before .com).
    Enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by N8DBB; 11-20-2006 at 04:40 PM.

514HH no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried downloading it but the link has expired. Can anyone re-up it and post the new link? Thanks

Dont worry guys the link is gonna be working in about 1h30 min ok? i'm reuploading it right now....it's going slow though sorry, just be patient guys.

514HH no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks slash1guitar

Please guys, please no more discouragement.....i'm trying hard here,ok?
    Someone was saying that what i'm doing is illegal or whatever....well, the blackberry upgrades have always been free, from Blackberry .com or from your service provider, so is it wrong i'm giving you an unreleased version that's gonna be free when it comes out?
    And you know? I payed for it, and i'm sharing it with you free of charge, only because people in this forum share stuff, and that's what the internet is all about.
    So please tell me if i'm doing something wrong or illegal,ok?
    I'm currently re-uploading the file, so be patient.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by slash1guitar
    Please guys, please no more discouragement.....i'm trying hard here,ok?
    Someone was saying that what i'm doing is illegal or whatever....well, the blackberry upgrades have always been free, from Blackberry .com or from your service provider, so is it wrong i'm giving you an unreleased version that's gonna be free when it comes out?
    And you know? I payed for it, and i'm sharing it with you free of charge, only because people in this forum share stuff, and that's what the internet is all about.
    So please tell me if i'm doing something wrong or illegal,ok?
    I'm currently re-uploading the file, so be patient.
    NO discouragement from me. You are a brave soul attempting to put this on your BB. And in regards to paying for it, you paid for the opportunity to get it ahead of everyone else PERIOD. The fact that you are being gracious enough to share it for free is a wonderful thing. If I had a backup berry I would be all over this testing it out with you man.

Im curious to know if you or anyone had a timetable for the actual release? Cause if it is months away..I may just get brave and load this version, otherwise I could wait.

illest no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im glad you are posting it. Its been since September that this was talked about. Ive been waiting for it since then and its good you are posting it.

ibanyan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24222F96
    Typically the OS code has the same features acros all devices so 4.2 should have the same kinds of features as the Pearl (which shipped with 4.2).

So if it doesn't then it may be a Trojan. I'd be careful. I'm all for trying out Beta code but this sounds a little suspicous.
    Craig Johnston
    --------------
    My book "Professional BlackBerry":
    http://tinyurl.com/gyqvz
    Mobile Computing Authority Podcast:
    http://mca.libsyn.com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanyan
    Typically the OS code has the same features acros all devices so 4.2 should have the same kinds of features as the Pearl (which shipped with 4.2).

So if it doesn't then it may be a Trojan. I'd be careful. I'm all for trying out Beta code but this sounds a little suspicous.
    I just got into work and downloaded the ALX file...I am going through now and taking a look at it, but it does, at first glance seem a little suspicious...I will report here in a little bit when I can look at it more clearly...Not saying that the OP is in the wrong by any means, but rather than be an actual BETA 4.2, I think it may be a hybrid OS off of the 8100 4.2 OS...If you download the ALX file and start digging into it, some things don't add up..

reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love a good scandel!!!!!
    "Coming up next on.... As the Berry Turns..." Hahahah! Stay tuned!

hey guys,
    thanks for the support.
    As i said, i installed it and it's not a virus or a trojan or anything, it's the actual 4.2 O.S, and it works, although it's a little slow, but it works just fine, dont worry.
    i'm still uploading the file, it's just slow, sorry.it's gonna be up on the link as soon as it's done uploading.

The next Blackberry 8700 series handheld software.

Sorry guys, it's taking time to upload the file back since it was deleted, i promise it will be up today,ok?
    Sorry again, i know how impatient you are, i was like that some days ago, please wait ok?thanks

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Please DO NOT download this OS it is NOT an official release from RIM. Obviously it's a bit weird that PinStack.com is this only BlackBerry forum that this has been posted on thus far. However, as in the past we have ZERO tolerance for any forum posting that violates copyrights or intellectual property.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123