While recently installing a new version of 4.2 on my 8700c, I dropped the BB ... RIM Handheld OS forum

henny no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to wipe device with broken LCD and no installed OS?

Advertisement

While recently installing a new version of 4.2 on my 8700c, I dropped the BB on a cement floor and broke the LCD (MAJOR BUMMER!). Now I have the tie-dye effect on my screen which renders the handheld useless. Prior to the drop, I was having problems with the OS installation and I don't think it successfully updated my device. I'd like to wipe the device and sell it as-is, but I want to be sure ALL data is erased before doing so.

Is there any way to check it now? Is there any way to "hard-reset" the device using some key combinations? Keep in mind that I can't see the screen. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I can't upgrade to a Curve until I can sell the 8700!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How to wipe device with broken LCD and no installed OS?

If you want to wipe EVERYTHING - including the OS, use JL_Cmder.
    JerryD

henny no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay. I used JL Cmder and performed the wipe function - I couldn't tell when the operation was complete because my "tie-dye" screen just sat there and flashed, but I closed JL Cmder and opened Desktop Manager App Loader and it says "no system software was found on my device". Can I asume that the handheld is clean, all my personal data gone and someone could do a clean install of a new OS?

Thanks for the tip to JL Cmder!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yep! Exactly.