i need some HOW TO help! i have an extra 8300 BB curve from ATT ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Question How to diff carrier OS to my ATT BB

Advertisement

i need some HOW TO help! i have an extra 8300 BB curve from ATT and i want to give it to a girlfriend of mine. the problem is, she is t-mobile. i've already unlocked the Blackberry through RIM but i want to make sure her BB can access internet, email, bb messenger through t-mobile.

i went to t mobile's bb software site and found software for 8320. is that ok to load on to the 8300 att bb?

how do i go about installing tmobile os to it?

help! :-)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: How to diff carrier OS to my ATT BB

You have to install OS for the device - not the carrier. Any OS will work as long as it's for the 8300.

Go here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

Be sure to delete the vendor file after downloading to p-c and BEFORE loading to handheld. I'll post back with instructions for that
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Here are the instructions - The credit goes to "twheeler" from a 2006 post.

How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry
    Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions and you should be able to have OS 4.1xworking for you too.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to retore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. The latest version is 4.2. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) Download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Good luck and of course, myself nor pinstack.com can take responsibilty for any problems that may occur. I will however extend my assistance if you need it.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-02-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: for credit to originator
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

I bought a 8300 and had it unlocked too. I just put my T-Mobile SIM card in and I was good to go (my T-Mobile account was already set up for my Blackberry 8700). As soon as I put my card in, it automatically registered and loaded all my service books and I immediately started receiving my emails too.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

PIN/ID
    n/a

so can i just leave the att os on the blackberry and stick her tmobile sim card in and it should receive emails and internet??? is that what you are saying i am not sure. i was thinking i only needed to install a new os for her internet and email to work.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

She will need a Blackberry Data plan to get everything to work and to Register the IMEI and PIN with a BIS account.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    n/a

okay not to sound ignorant or anything, but you guys are saying....i can leave the att os on the Blackberry 8300 unlocked curve, and stick her tmobile chip in and (as long as she has a BIS feature on her account) everything should be work successfully??

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by ct5694 View Post
    okay not to sound ignorant or anything, but you guys are saying....i can leave the att os on the Blackberry 8300 unlocked curve, and stick her tmobile chip in and (as long as she has a BIS feature on her account) everything should be work successfully??
    Exactly
    OS is device specific, not carrier specific.

Here is the latest 8300 OS:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    and a How To upgrade would be Jblackfish's post #3 by Twheeler.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 03-02-2008 at 10:53 PM.