Hopefully you guys can help. Ever since I upgraded to 4.5 (I was on .52 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

liquidsaiyan3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Home Screen Icons - 4.5.0.81 Upgrade

Advertisement

Hopefully you guys can help. Ever since I upgraded to 4.5 (I was on .52 before then just upgraded to .81) I've had this issue when I rearrange my home screen icons the device never saves those settings like it used to with 4.2
    So everytime I have to reset or do a battery pull, I have to rearrange everything again. I was curious if anyone else was having a similar issue or knew of a way to somehow save those settings.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I have always had problems with backing up my device with the DM software. It always errors out when it tries to backup the Messages database. I end up having to an advanced backup and skip that database but was wondering what would cause that. The first time I upgraded the OS I completely wiped the device via the Security options hoping that would resolve it but I still have the same issue.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    What theme are you using? There's an issue with a few themes, like the Today Plus from RIM, that are made for 4.2 and don't work properly with 4.5.

As far as the other issue, I haven't had that experience, maybe another stacker can tell you what's going on there.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I haven't had that problem and might be leary of what ganns1980 talks about; certain 4.2 themes. I have built, tested, and downloaded a Ton of themes from our builders here at pinstack and always had my icons in the same order, etc. after full (battery) re-boots.

liquidsaiyan3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm using the Today Plus theme on my device. I guess that makes sense.

Does anyone know about my other issue with the backups?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by riffman View Post
    I haven't had that problem and might be leary of what ganns1980 talks about; certain 4.2 themes. I have built, tested, and downloaded a Ton of themes from our builders here at pinstack and always had my icons in the same order, etc. after full (battery) re-boots.
    There are certain ones from RIM that have this issue with 4.5, Today Plus being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsaiyan3 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I'm using the Today Plus theme on my device. I guess that makes sense.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Look in Pinstack's theme forums, there's a ton of great themes there. Most are made for 4.5. I don't know how to solve the issue with the RIM Today Plus theme, so your best bet with that is to find another one that you like.