Hello, I just d/l the new 4.5(.81)OS and all my today themes don't display my ... RIM Handheld OS forum

streetenigma23 no está en línea Cheating

Help with new 4.5OS related problem

Advertisement

Hello, I just d/l the new 4.5(.81)OS and all my today themes don't display my new messages at all. When I clicked on the message on the default screen, it only has 2 messages: Blackberry registration and T-mobile registration. The only way I can see my messages is when I go to the menu screen and go to "SMS and MMS." Anybody know if this is OS related or something I am missing in options?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I'll need a few questions answered before being able to help.

1. What was your previous OS?
    2. What themes are you using? (vendor themes or custom themes)
    3. Do you have SMS/MMS separated from the Messages?

1.) 4.2, the default t-mobile OS
    2.) Custom themes but the Vendor ones didn't work as well.
    3.) Yes for some odd reason they are separated.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    There are a few differences with the old 4.2 and the 4.5.

Just to make sure, are you getting the little icons indicating a new message in the top banner?

You're just trying to figure out how to get to them from the homescreen?

Thx for the response Reddog, I do have the little icon indicating a new message in the top banner. I am trying to figure out how to get them on the homescreen, I really like the today+ or just today themes but nothing will come up under my messages when I receive new ones. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Sorry for the late response, got dragged away.

I believe this maybe be a bug in the today themes. I don't personally use the today themes. I think there have been a few threads about this. I'll look around, pretty sure it's a bug though.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'll second Red. Switch to a default theme and see if that changes things. Perhaps a Zen theme.

For some reason, a lot of aftermarket themes have small problems like this from my experience.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

steelwillie5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have upgrade my 8100 to 4.8.55 but it is not allowing my browser to access sites that I normaly go to.

Do you know any reason as to why this would be?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwillie5 View Post
    I have upgrade my 8100 to 4.8.55 but it is not allowing my browser to access sites that I normaly go to.

Do you know any reason as to why this would be?
    Hey willie, please try not to hijack threads...as for you issue you probably need to set your TCP/APN again. Everything gets set back to default when you upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I'll second Red. Switch to a default theme and see if that changes things. Perhaps a Zen theme.

For some reason, a lot of aftermarket themes have small problems like this from my experience.
    Hm...I tried the default today theme and it still has the same problem. I clicked on "messages" from the today theme and like I said earlier, for some reason it just shows 2 different messages under there:One from T-mobile welcoming me to their network, and one from Blackberry to let me know I am registered with a wireless network. I never had this problem when I was on 4.2.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    are your messages separated?
    Go to messages>options>general options> SMS and Email Inboxes>
    You should have 3 options: combined, separate or theme controlled.
    All's Fair in Love and TAGGING!!!

Yes, they are separated. Should I change the option to something else?

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded last night to 4.5 from 4.2 T-mo. I have been having a few little problems of my own but I just tried the BB Dimension Today theme and my messages are listed correctly under the today screen "Messages" heading under every option; combined, serparate, or theme controlled on my Curve.

I was a fan of the today themes, but purchased PocketDay because I wanted Tasks listed as well. I like it. I recommend everyone download the trial.

Well today I noticed that my Calender entries were no longer showing up in PD's today screen. The title bar for Appts lists the #. This would stay at 0, even though I had appts that day. Also, like you, the individual mssgs would not be listed underneath.I emailed PD"s support and received a response from someones BB in 10 minutes.

They told me to make sure my BB's Options>Advanced Options>Default Services was the same address as my calender address. It seems 4.5 adds (I think this is new) an address you can send from when creating a new calender entry. If this is a different address from what is listed in the default services, the calender entries wouldn't show up on the PD today screen. My addresses were different. I had not realized, but the default services one was myname@tmo.bb.com , and the email one was myname@mac.com. I was not able to correct this address in any previous calender entry (clicking on an old entry does not present different email addresses like when creating a new entry), only create correct new ones with the same address as in the default services. Then they displayed in PD as they should.

Unfortunately, as I have been writing this, I have changed addresses in the default services and sent test emails. They ALL display correctly underneath the Messages (# Unread) bar in the BB Dimension Today theme. You are aware that when you click on that bar and go to messages, they will disappear underneath it when you return, but the mssgs unread # will stay the same if you have not read any.

Sorry, with my similar problem with PD I thought I had an answer for you, but seems not. Maybe this will help someone else with more knowledge than me help you...
    Last edited by galavanter; 10-01-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks to everybody for their help. T-mobile blackberry did some sort of reset that helped me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~