This is my first post thanks for welcoming me into the comunity of all you ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mickman0319 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP PLZ! my standard browser gone

Advertisement

This is my first post thanks for welcoming me into the comunity of all you wonderful people but i really need your help! I recently got my Blackberry 7105t and it has a OS failure the day i got it (bought off ebay) and i didnt have any time to back up the devices software and so wheni reloaded the upgrade OS off the web and got the phone functioning again i noticed that somekey things that come with the phone were gone ie browser and IM types. i understand i can download ramble and ill be glad to but in the mean time since i no longer have any browser or browser settings i get an error of "net_rim_bb_browser_lib" not found but since i dont have the browser apps backed up i cant upload them that way and i cant seem to find the standard browser apps any where i been looking for days now. please help! if you dont feel like posting an answer feel free to message me on aim at demolitionmancan or email me at doughbro2004@yahoo.com. i appreciate any and all help. thank you so much for this awesome site and allowing me membership u all rock!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: HELP PLZ! my standard browser gone

reinstall the OS since you are missing that file... then after that you will need to re-send Service Book to your BB - Good luck and welcome
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

i dont believe i have the service book and iv tried reloaded the OS more than once and still no browser im most confused

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you get the browser icon back from re-sending the Service Book... but if you don't have that error of missing the file anymore then you don't need to reload OS - just need Service Book. Log into your Blackberry account, or try this:
    Options / Adv. Options / Service Book - hit the Menu button and select Register

Otherwise you can call your Service Provider's Customer Service number
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

yeah im not paying the extra for the extras that come with a blackberry account i cant afford it but i know at the very least tzones should work etc

also tried the options fix when i got to the service book the only option was close

folaazeez no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi guys,
    Just hooked up to this cool forumn. I have a similar problem...."net_rim_bb_browser_lib not found" error message pops up whenever i run an application i designed to run on the BB 8700g device. I've re-installed the OS like a zillion time cos i'm testing an app on it. I crashed it a number of times too which was why I had to reinstall the OS. How can I get rid of this error message?

lockard.j no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a370e8

You may have to format your blackberry. That's what I.had to do when I. Lost my browser, because the desktop software does not let you re-install the browser if it thinks its still there. Pm or pin me if you are still watching this thread, and want more info ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

folaazeez no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't PM yet cos i havent met up to the required posting quota. But how do I format my BB device? And afterwards do I still use the Desktop Software to reinstall the OS ? Many thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

by format, do you mean wipe the bb?

and yes, you HAVE to use dm to install your device OS.

PIN/ID
    24a370e8

Ill give you the info later when I get home. That. Won't be till about 9 eastern time though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24a370e8

okay. before we get started, just know that you NEED to back up all of your contacts and anything else that you may need from your BB. this program will completely format your device. then you can just go in and install again using desktop manager. I will e-mail you the instructions, and the zip file. If anyone else wants it PM me, and I will send it to you too. Good luck!!

PIN/ID
    24a370e8

I tried to e-mail you with the instructions, and the file, but I got a could not send error from gmail, it said it couldnt find your address. I just tried to send it, and will check on it in a while. so if you dont get it soon, post here and well find another way to get it to you

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what exactly are you guys trying to do?