I have some simple questions about contacts: 1) What software should I use to keep ... RIM Handheld OS forum

InGearX no está en línea Stack level 1

Help newbie how to manger contacts...

Advertisement

I have some simple questions about contacts:

1) What software should I use to keep my Microsoft Outlook 2003 and BB 7230? Or I would switch to Gmail contacts and BB 7230?

2) What is the best way to import about 30 contacts in a list of "name nickname, ########"

3) I have a friend who called me from work and I added him to contacts, then he called me from his cell - how can I add him to already existing contact? I had to copy past the tel # and then when he calls from cell or work - I can not tell the difference - it just says "Mike"

4) Any tips, tricks, links, suggestions are much appreciated
    Thank you all...

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Help newbie how to manger contacts...

Hi InGearX,
    1) The blackberry desktop manager software provides a way to sync outlook and the blackberry, no need to use Gmail
    2) You can import them from outlook to your bb and sort them as you want via the adressbook options
    3) Highlight his cell number from the phone application on your bb, click copy then go to your adressbook, find his contact info, click edit and add it to the mobile field, click save.
    When he calls you from his ceel, will say "Mike" and right before the date of the call will display (M) for mobile, (W) for work, (H) for home, etc,..
    4) Browse the forum..lots of tips and tricks, soon you'll be an expert..