I have an unlocked 8120 that has T-Mobile software on it. I want to wipe ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Degowarrior no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    28A235E4

Question Help loading ATT OS

Advertisement

I have an unlocked 8120 that has T-Mobile software on it. I want to wipe that and put AT&T software onto it. I have been told that there is a way to unlock not just the sim reading capability (which I already have done) but also for the operating systems. I have tried just downloading the 4.5 from AT&T and loading that but it doesn't recognize it. Please help!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Follow This thread for help on how to load any carrier OS on your device.

PIN/ID
    28A235E4

Not working

Followed everything step by step since about 11 this morning and it didn't work. Thank you anyway for your help if there is another way I would love to give it a shot. The app loader still didn't recognize the AT&T software.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What version of DM are you using? Also have you deleted the vender.xml and tried it after that?

PIN/ID
    28A235E4
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    What version of DM are you using? Also have you deleted the vender.xml and tried it after that?
    4.6 like the post suggested and yes I did. I even tried downloading that other program that will let you wipe it but I got that icont that had a triangle square and circle in it with the number 502 or 507 underneath. It wouldn't let me do anything except put the new tmobile software on it.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK, Just a shot in the dark but download the OS you want to install and then disconnect from the Internet before opening DM. Also you might try going to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and run the app loader from there going around the DM. Try that and report back with your results. If I can't help I am sure one of our awesome Pros can.

PIN/ID
    28A235E4
    What do you mean disconnect from the internet? Close my browser? I will give it a shot in the morning and post the results. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I mean totally disconnect, either unplug your cable or disconnect from your wireless.