Hello everyone. I am a new dunce on the site. I let a co-worker share ... RIM Handheld OS forum

kateyjay808 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

Thumbs down HELP!!!! Loaded 4.1 Theme on 4.0 OS!

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I am a new dunce on the site. I let a co-worker share my work PC for a few days and she has a BB and thought she was doing me a "favor" and loaded a 4.1 theme. NOW, my device won't display color icons, the theme info is gone.. and when I tried to do a restore, it would not take. HOW do I remove the theme/software she loaded? I have tried to reload software on the device but still have the same result...nada. Is there a factory reset option or something that I can perform? How do I remove a theme I cannot even see? (When she loaded the new theme, the theme option on the phone disappeared!). Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am new at this and never have added software to it before. Sure as heck, as soon as it happened, the thing is caput. I am ready to toss it in the Pacific Ocean. Thanks, Katey (in Hawaii)

racker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: HELP!!!! Loaded 4.1 Theme on 4.0 OS!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hello, have you tried a full device wipe? Go to options, security options, general settings, then click the track wheel and select "wipe"

Warning this will erase all data and set your device back to factory.

Good luck!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Katey, My response to your other post on this same subject. Please don't double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    How did your co-worker "sync" the theme, Did they use your Computer to install the theme on thier BB?

Have you tried to do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in)? If so and that didn't work then try the following.

First Go to Option/Themes and write down the theme name that are there. Then go to Options/Applications and look for items that are followed by a set of numbers in this date format, yyyy.mm.dd.hhmm. Select it and Click the trackwheel to open the menu and select View Properties. If it says A user Defined Theme, then exit from the properties screen and use the Delete Option on the Menu. Exit everything and do another cold reboot.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

Thanks SO much for the info on the wipe option. I just finished doing it and unfortunately, no change. Any ideas what I should do next?

And I do apologize for the duplicate post. (Yet another "DUH" moment, I couldn't find the New Post option and added it to another thread. I wasn't sure if old threads showed up or not so I created a new post after exploring the site a bit more.) Promise it won't happen again.

You guys have been great! I was just about to throw in the towel. I appreciate all the great wisdom here.

Again, thanks for your time and assistance.
    Mahalo,
    Katey

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

rcbjr,
    Okay. Just tried to do this. Removed the battery, etc. Unfortunately, when I go to Options now (since the new theme was loaded), there is no Theme menu option now. When I looked at the application menu/properties, it still shows that there are themes but I can't get to them.

Again, thanks. I truly appreciate the great advice!
    Katey

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Alright katey, five this a try...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kateyjay808, Let us know if the procedure I7oobie linked you to works. If not we'll go from there.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

I7oobie,
    Thanks for your tips. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. Should I just give up and face a life of black and white icons? Darn! Something so silly is consuming me!

I want to say thanks again for everyones help. I am sure that with the wisdom here, it will finally get resolved. What a pain in the mean time.

Mahalo,
    Katey

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Katey, Let's try the whole works. Step by Step:

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your 7230, see this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to you PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder, select the Wipe Option (5)
    5. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

You may have to try a couple of times on the last step.

Let us know how this works.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

Rcbjr,
    Thanks! Lets see. I downloaded and executed the JL_Cmder file and followed the instructions. It wiped the software off the device. (I think it worked because I now have a 507 error message). I then went to the How to Reinstall OS when computer won't recognize the device is connected" instructions and when it came to the step to connect via the USB cable, it would not recognize that the handheld was connected. I did attempt this about 10 times. No luck. How do I get past this step?

I can feel it! We are getting closer!
    Thanks,
    Katey

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

Rcbjr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Guess what?!?!?! IT WORKED! I cannot thank you enough! I was about to give up completely and you saved the say! If you ever come to Oahu, I owe you a HUGE mai tai or blue hawaiian!

YOU ROCK!
    Thanks (as you can see! An ever grateful me!!!)
    Katey

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Glad we got it up and running. What did you do to get past the step that was holding you up?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2013E6EC

Rcbjr, Sorry it took so long to reply. Been off island and away from my computer. I was able to bypass the battery issue by GENTLY inserting the battery during the USB port connection. Once it recognized the correct device/USP port, and I was able to proceed, I gently removed the battery and let the steps you provided to their magic. In your step #13, I again, GENTLY inserted the battery back in and VOIILA! All systems were normal and working just fabulous!!! I let out a big shriek in the office (they must have thought I was crazy!!!) but having it back to "normal" was HUGE considering the huge effort it took. Thanks to you guys, I am thrilled with how it is working. I can't thank you enough!!!!!!

Hope this helps others who run into the same problem! And again, I owe you a Mai Tai if you visit Hawaii! Hold me to it!!!!

Mahalo,
    Katey

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the update. Drink mine for me in celebration.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer