My 8100 Pearl just keeps on turning on and off (on with the ... RIM Handheld OS forum
Help Error with 8100 Pearl
My 8100 Pearl just keeps on turning on and off (on with the screen turning white with hour glass and off with red blinking) all the time. Once in a while it stopped and showed JVM Error 547.
I tried searching the forums and already tried with javaloader and JVM Commander to wipe out (with and without battery) but no luck.
I also tried to install new handheld software from CSL Hongkong (i bought it from Hongkong CSL recently) using the application loader and even tried latest handheld software from T Mobile USA, but still no luck.
The device won't connect to the desktop application loader as it keeps turning on and off and so when connected to the PC, the device would connect and disconnect all the time.
I asked CSL Hongkong and Blackberry Tech Support, but they said since I bought the device without any plan, they do not give warranty. But even if i'm willilng to pay they wouldn't help me.
So please, can anyone help me ?
Last edited by apuspo; 11-21-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Not 8100 Pearl?
8100 Pearl. You are right. Thanks
Try the following procedure.
- Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
- Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
- Connect you BB to your PC
- Open JL_Cmder,
- Select the Wipe Option (5)
- Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
- Be sure to follow everything carefully, especially the items in Red
But if you bought the pearl from them they should still be under warranty even if you didn't get a plan at the same time. Did you buy it through a store or online. If in a store, take it back to the store and get it replaced.
Hope this helps and let us know what the results are.
I tried before but the device won't connet for device initialization.
It says :
"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"
did i do something wrong ?
do you know any place in US where I can send the device to and have it repaired ?
Thanks so much
Sorry, if you didn't buy it here, I don't know of any one repairing the Pearl yet. I would suggest trying the above procedure again, making sure to follow the instructions very carefully.
Tags for this Thread