How do i down-grade from the 4.5 back to the 4.2.. This 4.5.52 is a ... RIM Handheld OS forum

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F

Help!!!

Advertisement

How do i down-grade from the 4.5 back to the 4.2.. This 4.5.52 is a headache. It was working fine for about 5 days and now it keeps shutting on and off. It barely stays on... What to do????

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    It's your memory card, it's a known issue. Remove your memory card and it'll stop doing that, from there you will have to completely erradicate the OS using JL_cmder which is available in the downloads section. From there uninstall the 4.5 software from your computer, and install the 4.2 software. Then when you start desktop manager it'll install 4.2 onto the blank device. Feel free to PIN me if you need more help, I'll give you as much detail as I can before you format the device.
    Last edited by Firedragon64; 10-22-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: PIN

PIN/ID
    217F515F
    thanks firedragon... im going to try this... is there anyway to get it to work with the memory card?? should i buy a new one or something???

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    the 4.5 I'm using hasn't had this problem after a few months of using it. Check my profile for more info
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Actually the problem is the folders on your memory card. If you format the memory card, and ONLY CREATE FOLDERS USING THE BLACKBERRY NOT YOUR COMPUTER, then it should work better. If you bring the capacity of the memory close to full, the problem will continue, so downgrading might be your best bet for now. May I also recommend the Blackberry 8220, which is amazing, when you do decide that you want the higher operating system. That bug is so annoying I almost threw my blackberry away, but the OS 4.6 in the 8220 not only fixes that problem, but allows 16GB cards!

PIN/ID
    2576A7A6

hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by StephenGuy View Post
    the 4.5 I'm using hasn't had this problem after a few months of using it. Check my profile for more info
    I think it might be specific devices particularly the 8120 and the 8320. I exchanged a 8120 5 times before tech support found out what was causing the problem. So I would call myself an expert when it comes to that particular problem.

PIN/ID
    217F515F
    dude.... i was so close to throwing my precious bb across my apartment
    But i didnt, i was going to go look to get a new one. Anyway, im glad you gave me the solution... A+ for firedragon64.... too bad i dont know how to format my memory card....

PIN/ID
    217F515F
    i formatted the memory card... lol!!