Hey All: I have been a lurker here for about a year and a half. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

sunny81375 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Giving In.....7250.....Device Error 348

Advertisement

Hey All:

I have been a lurker here for about a year and a half. Just skimming off all the knowledge and suggestions of all the techies about what software to download and what shortcuts to use. Well, this is the second time I have messed around with my blackberry and had it nuke itself. Unfortunately, I attempted the JL_Cmmder to wipe the hard drive (it told me it was unable to connect to the port), I tried reinstalling the DM without the USB cable and BB attached, I tried to get the DM to recognize the BB both with and without the battery in, and the DM just won't. I did all of Pentane's steps (thanks, last time they worked!) both with and without the battery.

I really didn't want to post because I know that mine is just a permutation on a problem you guys see again and again, but it has been at least 10 hours of playing with this thing and I think my husband is beginning to get jealous of the computer. Can someone help?

Thanks again, Mandi aka "Sunny"

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Giving In.....7250.....Device Error 348

mandy, what state is your bb in now
    white screen, with the error 348?
    i didn't find much on the bb technical site...cept that you need to reload the OS

at what point to you get to? where is your stopping point?

sunny81375 no está en línea Stack level 1

hi cherrichiodo:

even though the device manager says I am connected to the bb, the desktop manager never says connected. I can get to the application loader through the reading device configuration through device applicaiton loader, then when it goes to load and it says it loads JVM and system software, then goes to wait for device initialization and freezes and says "unable to complete." It never gets to read java application configurations and load java applications. And the screen just reverts back to the device error 348.

does that help?

Rooter no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm eager to see if a solution is posted - I have a 7250 (Telus) with the same issue.