Im a T-mobile customer and i have a blackberry 8100 and i want to know ... RIM Handheld OS forum

paradox1027 no está en línea Stack level 1

Getting 4.5OS on Tmobile

Advertisement

Im a T-mobile customer and i have a blackberry 8100 and i want to know how to get the 4.5 OS from tmobile. How do i get it, or is it not for the Pearl?

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    You can use any OS upgrade from any other carrier as long as it is for the same model ie: 8100 all you have to do is find your model # in the 4.5 list of OS upgrades and follow the intructions carefully, make sure u delete the vendor file and you'll be fine.
    Ebanga
    <Message sent via BlackBerry 8320>

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3
    werd up. i have tmobile and upgraded using the vodafone version. no problems yet.

kornkrop86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2416ED98
    Whre is the vendor file on the vodafone? I have tmo also, or is the vodafone safe for tmo?? Newbie at bb. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    The vendor file is in program files, common files, research in motion, loader. Just delete the file and you're good to go. As for the tmo release of 4.5, don't hold your breath, they still have no date set, and likely won't bother since the newer devices seem to be more important than their older customers. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    what if the phone is unlocked? will upgrading after deleting the vendor file re-lock it?
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you want to put 4.5 on your device and it is not available from your carrier. You can go Here and find one from a different carrier. Then if you are not sure how to do the upgrade you can go Here to learn how.