I updated the OS on my old Pearl a year ago and my 8300 about ... RIM Handheld OS forum

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

Frustrated 8300

Advertisement

I updated the OS on my old Pearl a year ago and my 8300 about 6 months ago when I bought it. I have finally relented and decided that I may be dead by the time AT&T updates the OS for the 8300 (Still on 4.2). I tried downloading the Rogers 4.5 and for some reason my updated (4.7) desktop manager doesn't automatically recognize it and update nor can I browse and get the update going.
    Did I download the wrong desktop mgr or what has changed in the last few months that I am now being and idiot and can't make the update happen?

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    Yellowhammer

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try downgrading back to DM 4.6, some of these 4.5's won't update with DM 4.7 This might just do the trick for you though! The vendor.xml file is important also that rammerjammer stated.
    Last edited by Hank061978; 12-26-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Left something out
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    First try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader on your PC and run the loader file from there. Make sure you have deleted the vendor.xml from the same folder and it should load. If not do a clean uninstall of desktop manager and go with 4.5 or 4.6 because there have been issues with the 4.7 for some users.

If you need to know how to do a clean uninstall or have questions post back or check the links in my blog for answers.

Thanks much

Great feedback,

MC, I thought about starting straight out of the common folder...but didn't until you mentioned it.
    All appears well, and I am damn tired but want to play with the new OS now.....too much turkey.
    Thanks stackers.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad it worked out for you. Even though I am a Texas fan seeing as how the Red Raiders have become my second favorite Texas team I had to do all I could to help you get it going.... Enjoy 4.5 its great I have lost many hours of sleep because of it. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

I sure wish I had been motivated prior to Christmas to update the OS.....very big difference.
    We will gladly accept being anyone's 2nd favorite team at Tech.....if that happens more often we might be able to get a BCS bid after going 11-1 in the toughest division in footbal (Big 12 South).
    Now to see if Romo can have a good game in December.....
    Happy New Year