Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick question. I got the 8700G from TMO. I have not cancelled my service from ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

forwarding bb handheld email

Advertisement

Quick question. I got the 8700G from TMO. I have not cancelled my service from Nextel yet,waiting to make sure the coverage is as good as I need it. I actually have several customers of mine who actually email my handheld email address (xxxx@nextel.blackberryy
    .Net). While I am in the 2 week evaluation phase, is there a way you can have your handheld email forwarded to my 8700 address? I already have my calls being forwarded, but I still have to carry both devices while I hope someone much smarter than me can tell me I dan do this. Thanks for reading and any guidance you might be able to give.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: forwarding bb handheld email

That's one of the reasons why the BIS email should always stay invisible to your contacts.

However, if they havn't canceled your BIS service already login to BIS and click 'Profile' and use the 'Auto BCC' feature to forward a copy of all emails to your new/temp account.

If you do change carriers make sure to make use of the Sent from address feature so that no one has to ever email you to the BIS email.

Good luck!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~thanks Hydn! I looked at that this morning however it looks like that works with items you send, not receive. I will actually try it tonight and will report back. I know now that I shouldn't ever give it out however 1) I never realized I would become so addicted to this and it would take a life of its own. 2) I didn't have the foresight to see myself ever changing carriers.
    If I end up cancelling Nextel, it will be easy to just send out an email with my new address. Unfortunately I'm still evaluating TMO. As always your help and guidance is appreciated!

PIN/ID
    ask

You are correct.. that won't work. The only other thing I can think of is to use the 'Auto Reply' feature and for the auto reply you request users to contact you at an alternate email address.

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~thanks Hydn! I looked at that this morning however it looks like that works with items you send, not receive. I will actually try it tonight and will report back. I know now that I shouldn't ever give it out however 1) I never realized I would become so addicted to this and it would take a life of its own. 2) I didn't have the foresight to see myself ever changing carriers.
    If I end up cancelling Nextel, it will be easy to just send out an email with my new address. Unfortunately I'm still evaluating TMO. As always your help and guidance is appreciated!
    please keep me posted if u keep tmo

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Will do ML. Right now I think I will. I definitely need to figure out what the hell a signal booster that Hydn talks about could do for me. I dont think they are phone specific are they? Is it just something you stick to your phone? The only place I've found so far that is sketchy, is my subdivision!

PIN/ID
    ask

Here's what you are looking for:

http://www.skinz.org/phone/cell.html

I would buy at least two if I were you. They peel of and if you get even your finger print on it, it may not function at best. I used tweezers to install after I ruined the first on lol.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

hydn - you got an improvement in signal with these?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    hydn - you got an improvement in signal with these?
    I used it on a T68i and made a substantial difference. Haven’t tried on a BB but for the price it's worth a try.

If you check out the internals of the BB you'll see the similar design for the antenna. You can say these little add-ons 'extend' the RX & TX area.

I have never tried them. I remember hearing about them and thinking of getting one, but then I heard a lot of they don't really help. I don't have signal probalems for the most part. I was just curious.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    ask

if you do try keep us posted. Maybe it was all in my head. You just never know these days.

Lol. I can understand that.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Thanks Hydn! I will let you all know how they work when I get them!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~just got one from a local cell phone place. If it doesn't work I will try the ones on your link.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

OH WOW, I've got a bag with about 20 of those things in it. I was selling them a couple of years ago when I had my own PC Repair business. Gonna go guys and find those antennas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast