Options>Security>Firewall>Status=Enabled with a little red lock before Enabled. I can't disable my firewall. I have ... RIM Handheld OS forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs down Firewall Problem...Little Red Lock

Advertisement

Options>Security>Firewall>Status=Enabled with a little red lock before Enabled.

I can't disable my firewall.

I have previously posted about this, but not in this forum. I hope to get more of a response this time.

I think this little red lock appeared from me trying to wipe my IT Policy with the following method:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=84

Just to clarify:
    -I have never been on BES.
    -Bought this phone brand new from TMO store (possible return I guess)
    -There is no indication of an IT Policy anywhere on my BB other than when I get firewall errors like the one I was trying to remove the IT Policy to get rid of. "The application x has attempted to make a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall not allowed by your IT Policy"...or something like that.

I was wondering if trying to wipe this IT Policy is why this red lock appeared. I have no option to disable my firewall because of it.

Also, would anyone happen to have a blank policy.bin file other than the one on Jerry D's tutorial?

Any questions or solutions please post them.

Thanks!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    honestly, i wouldn't waste your time with this one. i've posted many times on here about this same issue. wiped it, nuked it..reloaded, no policy...and this was after getting it brand new from tmo as well..and still, not able to disable firewall. not sure of the deal, but no way i know of to change it. i even spoke to RIM directly, and they had nothing for me. they blamed tmo...oh well

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Great...lol.

kbetzing no está en línea Stack level 1

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B
    If the phone has ever been on a BES server,(wheather the it policy is there or not) you will never be able to disble the firewall! I bought a bb from tmo brand new too, and I too had this very problem! I called tmo and they forwarded me to Rim and basically rim could do nothing! I have had this problem with phones purchased from ebay as well! As far as the link above, it will help to remove the IT Policy ONLY!!!! It will not disable the firewall, I have tried this with several different phones! FYI, if you go through the process of removing it policy from bb please remember to delete the bin file from your computer immediately! If you don't any other bb's that you have will enable the firewall when connected to desktop manager!

Hope this info is useful for someone!

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I can't disable my firewall.
    Why do you even WANT to disable your firewall?

Do you not value your security?

Like on a computer, it is in your best interests to keep a firewall enabled at all times, to protect against crackers and other security issues...

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

kbetzing no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by glenbrgss View Post
    If the phone has ever been on a BES server,(wheather the it policy is there or not) you will never be able to disble the firewall! I bought a bb from tmo brand new too, and I too had this very problem! I called tmo and they forwarded me to Rim and basically rim could do nothing! I have had this problem with phones purchased from ebay as well! As far as the link above, it will help to remove the IT Policy ONLY!!!! It will not disable the firewall, I have tried this with several different phones! FYI, if you go through the process of removing it policy from bb please remember to delete the bin file from your computer immediately! If you don't any other bb's that you have will enable the firewall when connected to desktop manager!

Hope this info is useful for someone!
    I didn't say it would remove the lock but it will let third party apps pass.