Hi all, Is it possible to filter out either (a) very large e-mails or (b) ... RIM Handheld OS forum

malcolmf75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question filtering out e-mail messages by size/attachments

Advertisement

Hi all,

Is it possible to filter out either (a) very large e-mails or (b) all e-mails that have attachments?

I have a plan allowing me 20MB/month of data, which should be more than enough for my e-mail use, but I sometimes receive very large attachments (several MB at once), and I'd rather just receive those messages on my laptop computer (not using up my data limit).

Any ideas? I did find one option, which I'm using now as at least a temporary measure, that only shows me the header of all e-mails received, and gives me the option to receive the rest. But I'd rather get entire e-mails automatically, just not the very largest ones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using a Curve/8300 with OS 4.2.

Cheers,
    Malcolm

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: filtering out e-mail messages by size/attachments

Hi malcolm, Welcome to the Stacks. Unfortunately there is no way on the BIS to selectively choose which emails get forwarded to the phone. Your only possible way to accomplish this would be in the email account that you have forwarding. Possibly an option in the account to set a rule that if it has attachments or is over a certain size to automatically forward to a seperate folder ( ie Read email) and the BIS may not pick it up. Hope this helps. Post back with any more questions.