Just a quick question. I've figured out how to work around this, but it's just ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Error when doing app loader...

Advertisement

Just a quick question.

I've figured out how to work around this, but it's just getting annoying as all get out.

Whenever I try and run app loader after it finishes backing everything up, it errors out "Unable to complete loading operation." This has happened every time I do it - No matter if I am loading T-Mo's OS or someone else's - The only time app loader is successful is if I'm just loading a theme or app.

As I said, I can work around it by allowing it to do the loader backup so I don't lose any of my 3rd party apps, then running app loader w/ battery out, but it's getting annoying.

I changed over from the DM that ships with the Pearl to the newer one 4.2.1.17 (i think) and the issue still occurs.

Any thoughts???

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Error when doing app loader...

Do you have the handheld software downloaded and run on your PC ?

Tigiress15 no está en línea Stack level 2

I work as a PDA Sup for T-Mobile - Yes I have the handheld software downloaded and istalled on my PC -- If I didn't have the HS on my PC already then I wouldn't be able to actually run app loader to for anything other than loading 3rd party apps - Which I said worked correctly...So there for logic dicates that I'm running App loader to load new software....

Then again, I see that you are a PDA tech rep so that may have something to do with the lack of logical thinking...You guys leave that up to us Sup's instead of using your resources, right?...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tigiress15
    Just a quick question.

I've figured out how to work around this, but it's just getting annoying as all get out.

Whenever I try and run app loader after it finishes backing everything up, it errors out "Unable to complete loading operation." This has happened every time I do it - No matter if I am loading T-Mo's OS or someone else's - The only time app loader is successful is if I'm just loading a theme or app.

As I said, I can work around it by allowing it to do the loader backup so I don't lose any of my 3rd party apps, then running app loader w/ battery out, but it's getting annoying.

I changed over from the DM that ships with the Pearl to the newer one 4.2.1.17 (i think) and the issue still occurs.

Any thoughts???
    You get this figured out ???

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tigiress15
    I work as a PDA Sup for T-Mobile - Yes I have the handheld software downloaded and istalled on my PC -- If I didn't have the HS on my PC already then I wouldn't be able to actually run app loader to for anything other than loading 3rd party apps - Which I said worked correctly...So there for logic dicates that I'm running App loader to load new software....

Then again, I see that you are a PDA tech rep so that may have something to do with the lack of logical thinking...You guys leave that up to us Sup's instead of using your resources, right?...
    WOW! Someone had a bad day at work. Just a simple ? Nothing to get steamed about. Sorry your reps can't tell the difference between an app loader and a hole in the ground.

colorsharpkid no está en línea Stack level 1

i have similar problems
    i updated my pearl os to the new highest os that they had here in the forums and i noticed when i hit the menu key from the start screen it showed a whole lot of icons i wanted it to show a drop down list like b4 and i also had a ptt icon and such and b4 i had an email icon and a msgr icon and now i didnt so i wiped the pearl clean using cmd-loader or whatever its called

and now i downloaded the tmobile rom from thier site and the app loader refuses to load the os it keeps saying

the apllication ''inputmethodcorefulllibrary'' could not be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not avalible

net.rim.platform.inputmethodcoreminimal

what the heck does that mean ?????????????????????????????????
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee i dont have a working phone now ...... i just want my phone to be back to the org 8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37 from tmobile its os was 4.2.1 i think or 4.2.2 b4 i wiped it but i had this tmobile rom on it b4 i upgraded it and decided i wanted to downgrade......

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im having the same problem with my 7130e

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Taken from RIM KB KB02696

Unable to complete loading operation. Fatal error occurred when updating handheld

Doc ID : KB02696
    Last Modified : 2007-09-06
    Document Type : Support

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.0 and later
    • BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

When installing applications on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears when the Application Loader process is partially complete:
    Unable to complete loading operation. Fatal error occurred when updating handheld

Cause

This issue could be caused by the following:
    1. Interference has occurred with some application installation processes.
    2. There is power dissipation as a result of the battery having been removed from the BlackBerry smartphone prior to the application installation.

Resolution

The following are possible resolutions for this issue:
    Cause 1

Interference has occurred with certain application installation processes.
    Resolution 1

Confirm that BlackBerry Desktop Manager can detect the BlackBerry smartphone.
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select Options > Connection Settings.
    2. In the Connection Settings window, click Detect.
    If the BlackBerry smartphone is detected, complete the following steps:
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click the Application Loader icon.
    2. In the Application Loader Wizard window, click Next.
    3. If the BlackBerry smartphone is password-protected, type the password and click Next.
    4. Select the applications to be installed on the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    5. Click Advanced.
    6. Select the Erase all currently installed applications check box. Click Next.
    7. Confirm that Do not automatically back up and restore the handheld application data during the loading process is selected.
    8. Before clicking Finish in Application Loader, place the battery back into the BlackBerry smartphone.
    9. Click Finish.
    If the BlackBerry smartphone is not detected, complete the following steps:
    1. Disable Power Management.
      1. On the computer, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
      2. Double-click System.
      3. Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
      4. Right-click the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Root Hub, and select Properties.
      5. Click the Power Management tab.
      6. Clear the Allow computer to turn off this device check box. Click OK.
    2. If other USB devices (for example, a mouse or camera) are plugged into USB ports, unplug them and connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a USB port that was working previously.
    3. Verify that there is a direct USB connection, without the use of any USB Hubs or USB cards.
    4. Disable any other synchronization software, antivirus software, and firewall programs that might be running.
    5. Re-install the USB Root Hubs.
      1. In BlackBerry® Device Manager, expand the list for Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
      2. Select the first USB Root Hub. Right-click and select Uninstall.
      3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the rest of the USB Root Hubs.
      4. Restart the computer.
    Cause 2

There is power dissipation as a result of the battery having been removed from BlackBerry smartphone prior to application installation.
    Resolution
    Open the battery compartment on the BlackBerry smartphone and visually confirm that the battery is present. If not, place the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone before following the resolution for Cause 1 above.

Products & Services:

• BlackBerry Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry Devices
    ~Zey