I have searched the Forum for this Error Code 0x83390003 but no luck so far. ... RIM Handheld OS forum

berniej no está en línea Stack level 1

Error Code 0x83390003

Advertisement

I have searched the Forum for this Error Code 0x83390003 but no luck so far.
    It arises when I try to Sync my Address Book with Yahoo Mail Contacts. Until yesterday there had been no problems in syncing this way - all very smooth - except that I have to enter it all into Yahoo first.

As a general observation by a newby to BB, and having been a Palm user previously, Blackberry seems to be well behind Palm in not offering a viable means of syncing the address book with a Desktop application. I don't use Outlook so in the meantime Yahoo Mail Contact List seems to be the only solution. Its a nuisance having to go on line to do this however.

With this new development of the Error Code 0x83390003 I am just not able to sync.

I have an 8320, software version 4.3

Any ideas please??

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117

berniej no está en línea Stack level 1
    Many thanks europamo ....
    The second site gives a clue that the error is user induced ... so a bit of head scratching led me to recall that I had recently changed my Yahoo mail password and (of course) that affects the synchronising with my BB.
    I also discovered that my service provider had stopped sending emails to my 8320 on one account ...
    The solution to both problems was as simple as doing a reconfiguration on the BB.

So the tip I learned from this is that WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IN YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE THE CONFIGURATION IN YOUR BB

Many thanks for your help Europamo

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    grats glad you have it working.