Hi, I have a 7290 and giving me error 507. I read all posts about ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Shrek2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Error 507

Advertisement

Hi,
    I have a 7290 and giving me error 507. I read all posts about how to fix it, but nothing is working.

I have the BB connected using USB and the PC recognize it. When I try to use the software "Application Loader", it is recognized under the USB Port. But when I click on next, it go so quickly connecting to the device Java and then gives me a disabled screen with Application names disabled. I tried to add *.alx application, but it gives me an error message "No additional applications degined for you device found"

Any idea how I can fix this 507 error?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Error 507

Welcome to Pinstack!
    This error means that you do not have an OS on the device. You need to download the OS to your computer, install it, delete the vendor.xml if it is not your carriers OS. Then launch Desktop manager, connect the phone and it should prompt you the rest of the way.

Stacey,
    Thank you for the reply. But I did install the 7290 OS from the provider after I installed the Desktop Manager. Actually if I go to the Desktop Manager under Help/About/Device Software, I see v4.1.0 for 7290 Wirless Handheld. But no luck.

Any idea?

Stacey,
    Tahnk you again for your earlier message. Actually I got it work because of your earlier message. I downloaded an older OS version 3.8 which doesn't include the Vendor.xml file and it worked, then I upgraded to 4.1 after deleting the vendor.xml file.

Thanks again

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

anytime... sorry I couldn't get back to you since my internet isn't working on my phone. Glad you got back up and running

masterdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh! Man i Just got this Phone from a friend, She gave it to me cause it has been sittin in its box since she bought it but she din't need it cause the firm she works for gave her one to keep and they pay for her sevice and ins. Its a new toy and all but this messege keeps poppin up with some weird shape. Basicly the same as Shrek2. Hell I dont even have it going to DL an OS, Can you Help?