Hi Need to re-install 4.5 on my 8320. Do I really need to go through ... RIM Handheld OS forum

dd1968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Easy OS re-install and re-upgrade of docs to go??

Advertisement

Hi

Need to re-install 4.5 on my 8320.
    Do I really need to go through the whole re-install of 4.2 before then upgrading to 4.5 again? Or is there an easier way that I'm missing??

Also while we're on is there any known prob with re-upgrading docs to go as I have the sheet version now (which I use) and after an OS re-instal it will be just doc & the powerpoint one...?

Thanks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dd1968 View Post
    Hi

Need to re-install 4.5 on my 8320.
    Do I really need to go through the whole re-install of 4.2 before then upgrading to 4.5 again? Or is there an easier way that I'm missing??

Also while we're on is there any known prob with re-upgrading docs to go as I have the sheet version now (which I use) and after an OS re-instal it will be just doc & the powerpoint one...?

Thanks!
    Back up your device using DM. Then wipe it using options>security options>general settings, menu key: wipe handheld. Remove the current release from your p-c. Install the upgrade version, delete the vendor file and install to your device.

The Docs to Go registration/upgrade instructions are here.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dd1968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks!!

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    So I tried to do it this way and it didn't work. All it did was get rid of all my information and back a clean boot of 4.5.0.81.. which I what I want to delete and then re-install

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mylexon20s View Post
    So I tried to do it this way and it didn't work. All it did was get rid of all my information and back a clean boot of 4.5.0.81.. which I what I want to delete and then re-install
    You'll need to go through this thread, then.