I migrated my BlackBerry service from 7100g on Cingular to 7130e on Verizon. I had ... RIM Handheld OS forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Thumbs down Duplicate Gmail accounts showing

Advertisement

I migrated my BlackBerry service from 7100g on Cingular to 7130e on
    Verizon. I had setup my Gmail account on my old 7100g and apparently all the info migrated to my new 7130e... which would be fine except when I go to my "Email Settings" link and try to login to my account, apparently my "account" went with Cingular. So, I setup my new "Email settings" account with Verizon.. NOW I have two in-boxes for my gmail account! AHHHH! How do I get rid of the old Cingular one? (Which doesn't work)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Duplicate Gmail accounts showing

I am trying to understand this.

If that email account no longer works, then can't you just go log into that gmail, and delete it?

Then you can probably delete the service book for that email account on your 7130 or log into your verizon BIS and remove that one from your list.

You may have to log in to the BIS, resend service books, log out, then relog back in to get the old gmail account to show.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Hmmm... This is sort of complicated to understand and explain. So, I have my company's email inbox and two gmail inboxes on my BlackBerry main screen (three different email inboxes). The two gmail accounts supposedly link to the same gmail address, but after migrating my service from Cingular to Verizon I can't access the initial one that I setup. When I login to the Verizon BIS only the new account shows up. NOt the old one. If I go into Options/Advanced/Service Books, I could see both on the list. So I deleted the old service book from the list... but it still shows up. I'm going to try a hard boot and see if that clears it off the list.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

It worked. After deleting the Service Book for the bad account and rebooting it cleared it off the list.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

No Problem.

One thing though, I don't know if this is possible or not, but feasible, if the account service books are still tied into your BIS service, then there is a possibility that it will push the same service book back to you if you ever have to re-register with the network?

By the way, was that you on the cingular forums with the same problem?