i use a dual sim adaptator to manage my private and pro line. It added ... RIM Handheld OS forum

boum.01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Dual Sim and OS 4.2.1.66 on Pearl

Advertisement

i use a dual sim adaptator to manage my private and pro line. It added a item with a sim icon in the main sreen allowing to switch from on sim to the other. Works great until i upgrade to 4.2.1.66. Now i am blocked on the pin code boxe. it seems that the pin code is not sent to the SIM, since the indication on the number of try didn't move. When the adaptator is removed the phone work and the icon previously used by the sim adaptator is affected to "SERVICE +". should i assume thas the cause of the conflict ?

Marc

Carrier Orange France

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Dual Sim and OS 4.2.1.66 on Pearl

Marc, welcome to the stacks, sorry I can't help, but you may have to downgrade your OS if this persists.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Is there somewhere a summary of the new skills or improvments of the last version of the OS. To me the main subjects are : a faster interface and an optimised battery consumption.

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Dual sim adapter.. Wow.. where can i get one for blackberry?
    Do they work on 7290 and 8700?

here some links but they generally didn't guarantee that it work. in fact i used the adaptator whith my old, and now dead , sony t630. the good surprise was it work with my pearl tha bad one it didn't work with os 4.2.1.66

www dot simore dot ch
    www dot 2-phones-in-1 dot com
    www dot dual-sim-adapter dot com

since
    AntiSPAM: Only Stack Level 2 members are allowed to post URLs. replace dot by .

Sebastiano no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi All,

Just a confirmation - The Dual Ghost SIM adaptor works with BlackBerry 8700 under several conditions - The 2 most important ones are :

- Both your SIM Cards should be of the latest generation (i.e. data or 3G)
    - You must use OS 4.1 - the device will not work with 4.2

As a personal remark I would add that though a brillant invention (we can thank the chinese again for this) this kind of device is very fragile and usually do not work for long...also, OS 4.2 is including very interesting new features that makes it a major dilemna...

I have ordered a SIM cloner from Taiwan in order to scan and mix up to 16 SIMs in one (it should work with the latest generation of algorithm...). Will keep yall posted.

Cheers

hello,
    it seems to be ŕ STK problem in the 4.2. I tried a sim max chip an it isn't reconized. where can i get information on the evolution of STK implementation between the two os versions?