Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just upgraded to 4.5 and have had nothing but problems...I've tried everything I could ... RIM Handheld OS forum

r_garrison25 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question Downgrading OS Software for 8100? Help!

Advertisement

I just upgraded to 4.5 and have had nothing but problems...I've tried everything I could think of and looked at so many thread on here and I'm just stuck...how would I downgrade back to the 4.2 software or even a different version of the 4.5? I've never run into this many problems before and don't know what to do next! Could someone please help me out with any advice? It would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    what problems? I have been through a lot of them too. Downgrading is easy. uninstall the 4.5 OS from your computer and reinstall the desired os then it will make the change when you load the desktop manager next.

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Lightbulb

I can't use my memory card or it keeps restarting. I tried taking it out, erasing it, re-formatting it and it still didnt work. Its also really slow and my i have icons appearing twice, icons appearing of apps that i deleted ages ago...lol. Don't know whats going on, but its frustrating! So, even if i delete the 4.5.0.55 from my computer and then download the .37 ( I heard it works much better) it should work fine or do you think i should just go back to 4.2 for awhile? Thanks by the way for your input! I'll try that right quick.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    how did you format your memory card? Mine didnt work until I read a post that said to format it with the blackberry which I did before I upgraded for a second time. had a ton of issues the first time this time has been pretty smooth.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I am using .052

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried talking out the memory card and then upgrade? That worked for me and trust me, I had a lot of problems too.

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question

I just formatted it out of my bb on my computer....i have taken it out this time and am getting ready to try it this way...I have Desktop Software version 4.6. Will it only update to the latest OS too?

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    i've heard if you use DM 4.3 you will have less issues. providing you transfer all data on mem card first to your comp. then formatting card when bb is updated to 4.5, then transfer data using new folders to mem card.

PIN/ID
    238E3391
    oh yea removing sim card is a good idea as well

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Lightbulb

ok. I will download the 4.3 desktop software and try that. I tried to go back to the 4.5.0.37 but DM 4.6 wouldn't recognize to update it even after I deleted the vendor.xml file....grrr!!

PIN/ID
    238E3391
    4.6 i thought is for bb bold?

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question

Not sure. It might be but it worked fine on my pearl! Im currently downloading the the 4.3 dm software....then we will see how it goes.

PIN/ID
    23EF3322

Question

I have another question....is this going to work even if I already have the 4.5.0.55 software on my phone? Will the 4.3 dm software allow me to downgrade to the 4.2 OS?

PIN/ID
    238E3391
    have you considered re-installing 4.5.0.55 os with DM 4.3? like i said I've heard good to mixed reviews in the forums about this

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First of all, the latest "official" version of Desktop Manager is 4.5 (although 4.6 has been released - I think by Virgin UK). It's available directly from RIM here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    I strongly suggest downloading a version WITHOUT Media Manager.

Second, in answer to your original question - and if you still want to go back to your carrier's latest supported OS - uninstall the 4.5 OS from your computer. Then download and install the latest firmware from your carrier. Start Desktop Manager, launch the Application Loader and it should offer to downgrade. If it doesn't, the alternative is to back up the device's data and wipe it with JL_Cmder. This will erase the 4.5 OS from the device at which point the Application Loader should offer to install the correct OS.

A link to your carrier's OS Downloads should be here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

JL_Cmder is available on the forums.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 08-10-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    JerryD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast