Is there a 4.5 OS for the 8300 that doesn't have a memory leak issue? ... RIM Handheld OS forum

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2

Does it exist?

Advertisement

Is there a 4.5 OS for the 8300 that doesn't have a memory leak issue? I just upgraded to the latest TIM OS from .32 and this one is giving me the same problems. I started off the morning with 8MB of free space when I woke up, but within a few hours (and very little activity) I was down to 0!

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D
    my wife and daughter are both running .52 on their unlocked 8300s with no memory issues in the last two weeks.
    That said, 8mb free to begin with is not very much. I'd bet some of your 3rd party apps are the culprits.
    Good luck,
    Steve

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ewvarn View Post
    Is there a 4.5 OS for the 8300 that doesn't have a memory leak issue? I just upgraded to the latest TIM OS from .32 and this one is giving me the same problems. I started off the morning with 8MB of free space when I woke up, but within a few hours (and very little activity) I was down to 0!
    The highest known beta for your device(8300) is 4.5.0.8*. Although you can probably only find .69. These 4.5 builds are for all GSM 8xxx devices.

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2
    I do have a number of apps installed, but the only thing new since 4.2 is Docs to Go. So unless the apps I had before don't play nice with 4.5, I'm reluctantly thinking it's Docs.

And I am using a GSM on AT&T. But I'm not looking to load any beta releases. Just the finals.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    It's probably not JUST Docs to Go, that might have been the straw that broke the Blackerry's back, if you get what I mean.

Try revising the list of apps you need and minimizing the number of 3rd party apps on your phone. Remember that this is a Beta, and it plays nice with a lot less apps than a final release of the OS.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Running .52 on my TMO 8320 here with no memory leak issues. Only issue I've had is when leaving my house with the TMO WiFi router I lose all my connections, and have to manually turn off WiFi for a few seconds to regain them. Oddly enough it only happens when I leave the WiFi connection for the TMO router, but not the dozen or so other WiFi networks I'm regularly on.