Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by javijavi It sounds to me like you somehow have older versions of ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    It sounds to me like you somehow have older versions of the blackberry OS installed. Every time you launch DM it looks at the installed OS version on your PC and then attempts to apply that to your blackberry the moment you connect to it. Uninstall ALL blackberry OS's from your pc and then DM wont see the need to make any changes. All DM does is compare whats on your BB to whats on your PC, and assumes the two should be the same even if it means a downgrade.
    this isnt the case. I ONLY have 4.5 installed on my pc. there are no other RIM OS versons.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well. Try uninstalling 4.5 anyway. The only way DM knows the state of your software is by comparing the version you have installed to the version DM recognizes on your pc. Without any blackberry OS at all DM would just ignore it.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Well. Try uninstalling 4.5 anyway. The only way DM knows the state of your software is by comparing the version you have installed to the version DM recognizes on your pc. Without any blackberry OS at all DM would just ignore it.

thats how DM is supposed to work, thats now how its working. I tried this when I had no RIM OS on my pc, DM didnt even rec what OS was on my berry and did not allow me to add/remove anything only back up. Why go through uninstalling an OS just to install a theme, game etc? there is a glitch btwn 4.5 OS and any DM version (well at least 4.3 and 4.5 anyway) something that will more than likely get worked out when 4.5 is officially released for the 8330.

hjthomas1996 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Renamed from .alx to .old

Quote Originally Posted by joe robot View Post
    The solution to your Docs 2 go problem is simple. All you have to do is modify the DocumentsToGo.alx filename.

To find the file DocumentsToGo.alx, from your desktop go:
    Program files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files >8330

Find the DocumentsToGo file and rename it to DocumentsToGo.old

Once you’ve done that, DM will not try and remove sheets to go from your phone. If that doesn’t work, then simply remove the DocumentsToGo alx file from the 8330 folder.
    I renamed the DocumentsToGo.alx with the .old extension , and fired up the AppLoader. No mention of unrecognized modules whatsoever. Installed my new theme without a hitch.

Thanks 4 the info.
    Harold J. Thomas
    Founder
    Ramaj Entertainment
    (704)323 - 8275 / office
    (704)900 - 9319 /mobile

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    DELETE AL DOCS2 GO MODULES!
    FROM : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v4.5.0.93_P2.7.0.81 ( OR WATHEVER YUOR OS VERSION IS)

-docstogocommonresource
    -wordtogoresourc
    -slideshowtogoresource

and all the modules whit these names on it.
    when you start the DM should not be there.
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    can i use doc to go without data plan
    thx

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post
    can i use doc to go without data plan
    thx
    I don't know if you can. You have to register the product even though it comes with...
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12