Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So when I try to use DM 4.5 to load ANY app on my berry ... RIM Handheld OS forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

Docs 2 go/DM4.5 and OS4.5

Advertisement

So when I try to use DM 4.5 to load ANY app on my berry (4.5) it always wants to either DOWNGRADE my Docs 2 go or if i unselect it, it wants to REMOVE docs to go. This sucks. I cant get pacman with trackball and sound any other way and I dont want to remove or downgrade docs to go.. ugh.. (I upgraded my docs to go to get excel) is it DM? I was using 4.3 dont know if this is a problem with 4.3 or not

joe robot no está en línea Stack level 2
    The solution to your Docs 2 go problem is simple. All you have to do is modify the DocumentsToGo.alx filename.

To find the file DocumentsToGo.alx, from your desktop go:
    Program files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files >8330

Find the DocumentsToGo file and rename it to DocumentsToGo.old

Once you’ve done that, DM will not try and remove sheets to go from your phone. If that doesn’t work, then simply remove the DocumentsToGo alx file from the 8330 folder.

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joe robot View Post
    The solution to your Docs 2 go problem is simple. All you have to do is modify the DocumentsToGo.alx filename.

To find the file DocumentsToGo.alx, from your desktop go:
    Program files > Common Files > Research In Motion > Shared > Loader Files >8330

Find the DocumentsToGo file and rename it to DocumentsToGo.old

Once you’ve done that, DM will not try and remove sheets to go from your phone. If that doesn’t work, then simply remove the DocumentsToGo alx file from the 8330 folder.

I've tried both methods, DM still wants to downgrade. I even tried running the apploader straight from the file folder and it still wants to downgrade.

DM 4.3
    OS 4.5.0.55

marcusblade no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am having the exact same problem. The only thing I can think of is to backup my blackberry then install the new app. Once completed then restore doc2go.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've found the 4.6 version of DM from Vodaphone's Germany site to work much better than the 4.3 or 4.5 versions. I don't know if it will fix your problem but it fixed similar problems for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblade View Post
    I am having the exact same problem. The only thing I can think of is to backup my blackberry then install the new app. Once completed then restore doc2go.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DONT!!!!!

i did that and now cant get excel back.. the are not offering excel free anymore!!! i also tried to go back to the backup i had that included docs 2 go with excel and it wont put excel back on the berry.. its a trap using DM to install/load anything will remove it..
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.

marcusblade no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you did a complete backup you should be able to restore and get doc2go back. I have already restored once and got everything back.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    that means im doing something wrong, i did a backup and it wont come back... guess im screwed then. lol

i can go to advanced (in back up and restore) and see the sheets to go option but its greyed out and cant be moved to my curve
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-30-2008 at 09:57 PM.

sumthinnew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mserica513 View Post
    DONT!!!!!

i did that and now cant get excel back.. the are not offering excel free anymore!!! i also tried to go back to the backup i had that included docs 2 go with excel and it wont put excel back on the berry.. its a trap using DM to install/load anything will remove it..

I believe the way we are able to add sheets2go is by registering and then selecting update. If you lose sheets2go, you can try and delete docs2go completely off the bb. Reinstall it and then register it again and then select update and you will get sheets2go. Since updating from 4.5.0.46 to 4.5.0.55 I had to reinstall docs2go, register, update and got sheets2go.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I still don't even see docs 2 go in my applications loader.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by sumthinnew View Post
    I believe the way we are able to add sheets2go is by registering and then selecting update. If you lose sheets2go, you can try and delete docs2go completely off the bb. Reinstall it and then register it again and then select update and you will get sheets2go. Since updating from 4.5.0.46 to 4.5.0.55 I had to reinstall docs2go, register, update and got sheets2go.

this just might work. I went to delete the docs to go and it showed the updated version of it. so im deleting it and will let you know what happens. thanks for the suggestion.

i just did it, it did work, but thats a LOT of work to go through when trying to install something using DM.. wonder whats up with that?
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-31-2008 at 12:45 AM.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    try doing a forum search for OTA Downloader.
    You can download the OTA files (via PC) and save them to your SD card; then install from there (very handy).
    Also, you need to remove/rename the DocumentsToGo.alx file (do a search in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files") this will prevent DM "downgrading" Doc's to go and removing Sheet to go

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think this is the link to that thread (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ota+downloader)

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    i have th ota downloader, these files didnt have an OTA however. but your suggstion worked, thanks! i removed the docstogo.alx file and it worked fine

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    It sounds to me like you somehow have older versions of the blackberry OS installed. Every time you launch DM it looks at the installed OS version on your PC and then attempts to apply that to your blackberry the moment you connect to it. Uninstall ALL blackberry OS's from your pc and then DM wont see the need to make any changes. All DM does is compare whats on your BB to whats on your PC, and assumes the two should be the same even if it means a downgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast