Hello all, first off I would like to say that this forum is awesome and ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Rico5331 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Do they make an application for multiple "Profiles" on BB8700G

Advertisement

Hello all,

first off I would like to say that this forum is awesome and it has been a real help, I just got a BB8700G on the t-mobile network about one week ago and i'm no longer lost with this Blackberry thing.

Does anyone know if there is a program/utility for locking only certain applications. Keep in mind i am using my BB8700G for personal purposes. If I want to let someone use my phone, but don't want them to have access to my address book, or SMS , or Pictures. Similar to a GUEST profile for windows XP or something. Is there any application like that available for the 8700 ?

Any feedback is appreciated

R.Brown

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Do they make an application for multiple "Profiles" on BB8700G

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    None that I have heard of. Now that you mention it, that would be an excellent idea. Too often I let my friends use my phone to check their email or look at a website and they dig into my email. Lame. One solution I've heard if someone needs to borrow your phone for use of the phone, just hand them your bluetooth headset and keep the handheld.
    You can check on Handango.com to see if there's anything like that existing. If it did that's where it would be.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Do they make an application for multiple "Profiles" on BB8700G

there is some software on wap.getjar.com. I think one was called ilock or something like that and it used for locking folders I believe. For instance you can take a pic that you dont want anyone to see and put it in a folder and it will be locked and password protected. Dont know how well it works though