I have a 7290 which came with OS 4.0 and I have upgraded to 4.1 ... RIM Handheld OS forum

bibhasdasgup no está en línea Stack level 1

Device 400 error on BB 7290

Advertisement

I have a 7290 which came with OS 4.0 and I have upgraded to 4.1 following the excellent instructions here without any problems.
    I tried installing a theme after modifying one from Plasmic theme creator and then the device rebooted. Now it gives a Device Error: 400 at the sreen with a single option to reboot. Rebooting it brings me to the same screen, so does removing the battery and putting it back.
    A site suggested using javaloader at the dos prompt and giving the command "javaloader -usb wipe" Tried this but it says cannot open com port. tried rebooting both device then computer, both together, but there's no way I can get past the error screen or the PC to connect. I don't mind erasing all the data since I have a daily backup.
    Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Re: Device 400 error on BB 7290

Ok, I've solved it - a bit of searching on this site and putting together various solutions led me to this:
    I took off the battery and connected. Tried javaloader but that did not work. (connected then disconnected). Started the desktop app and went to application loader -- it connected -- said reload OS 4.1 -- went on for some time then returned error 507 (I assume it meant no software on the device) because the desktop gave an error that the process could not be completed. Restarted app loader, redid -- same problem. Now I put the battery back in, rebooted, came to the error screen then restarted app loader. This time the entire process completed and then all I had to do was restore my backed up stuff.
    Thanks.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Glad is working for you, you are on your way to being an expert already.
    Let us know if you need any additional help.

Quote Originally Posted by likefre
    Glad is working for you, you are on your way to being an expert already.
    Let us know if you need any additional help.
    Thanks its good to know there's support