I want to get a "beater" phone that I can use when I don't want ... RIM Handheld OS forum

subiedoo22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Contacts --> SIM card --> ?

Advertisement

I want to get a "beater" phone that I can use when I don't want to take my Pearl out and bang it up. How do I transfer all of my contacts to my SIM card so I can use it interchangeably between two TMO phones. Sub-question...what frequency is TMO on?
    ~ SubieDoo22

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Contacts --> SIM card --> ?

you can only copy one contact at a time to your sim card
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You have to go to each contact, one by one, scroll to the phone number for that contact that you want to transfer to the SIM Card then use the menu option to transfer.l the SIM phone book only allows one phone number per contact.

As to TMO they use both of the North American GSM Bands, Same as AT&T. 800 and 1900 if I remember right, but that's not assured.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

RE: Frequncies

North American GSM frequencies (for TMo, AT&T Wireless, Rogers Wireless , etc) are 850 & 1900 MHz. You need both bands, especially 850 MHz for decent building penetration in many cases. Beware not all "Tri-band phone support 850MHz, many just support European 900 & 1800Mhz and only 1900 in North America, hence "tri-band," though there are some Tri-band phones that do support 850 & 1900 MHz. In many cases you'll want a Quad Band phone that does all four (850, 900, 1800, 1900) just to be safe.

You can certainly use a Tri-band phone, you just won't be getting all of the coverage you paid phone with your monthly service.

That's the end of my rant ...

RE: SIM contacts
    the limitations of the copy contacts to SIM as detailed by Rcbjr are correct to my knowledge of SIM address book and how it works. I don't like those two downsides (one number per contact -and- you have to manually copy each one to the card). My preference is to put up a beater phone that can Sync to MS Outlook 2003. The SonyEricsson phones (e.g. Z520a) can do this witht he supplied SonyEricsson phone software. Nokia and Motorola phones also have their own tools. I've never gotten the Samsung software to work (YMMV, of course). Then assuming that you BlackBerry <--> MS Outlook sync is current. You can just sync your beater phone to Outlook the same way. that would be my preference.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4