mate can someone help that my pearl has a t-mobile carrier and if i upgrade ... RIM Handheld OS forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Lightbulb Clear out my confusion

Advertisement

mate can someone help that my pearl has a t-mobile carrier and if i upgrade my device from 4.0.x.x to 4.2.x.x from any other serviice provider like cingular does it make any difference or problem...or it's just for namesake only.....cos i can't download new device upgrade from t-mobile ...as the site is not working or opening in INDIA...mate plz help me...

JoshB no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Clear out my confusion

The general rule usually is that unless something is wrong with your BB, or it's lacking a needed feature that would be aquired with the upgrade, don't upgrade at all. Sometimes things can go wrong when you update your OS so it's best to leave it be unless you really need something from the upgrade.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

thanks mate well now i had changed my mind and i am going to buy nokia N95 cos from seeing so many problems of blackberry Pearl i think i will be in a mess if i will go on with it...thanks for your help

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Don't let that be the reason to discourage you from getting a BB. OS upgrades are not difficult. You can always backup your device and restore it easily if an upgrade 'breaks' something. And you can d/l the os software from any carrier, you might have to remove the vendor.xml file. But again it's not difficult. There are step by step instructions for everything on this site and if you can't find it, just ask and someone will give you the help you need. The BB is the best device (oh and phone) I have ever owned, I don't think I will ever change to anything but newer BB's.
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it