Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by nito80 works perfectly.. i really like how clean the address book looks ... RIM Handheld OS forum

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nito80 View Post
    works perfectly.. i really like how clean the address book looks now... and the e mail... now to test out the uma connection...

otherwise i'm happy with it!
    UMA seems to work OK .. installed 4.5 this morning and have made/received a few phone calls and all is well. Now the scary part is I connected to my friends FIOS router ( never held UMA voice calls b4 ) this morning and had a 4min call that did not drop. I will have to test it some more with FIOS but at home works great, just like 4.2 did.

mount2073 no está en línea Stack level 1
    also, when I try to access Opera mini - i get "failed to connect to the Internet" 900 java.io.IOException: Tunnel Failed"

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't really been keeping up on 4.5 for the 8100, as I haven't used mine in years, but I noticed the TIM Italy build supports it. Any differences? Do you still get video?

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

i did it!

Ok guys I took the chance and updated my TMO 8320 to the Orange UK 4.5 release.
    So far everything is funtioning well,

Noticable changes:
    1.Web browsing looks much more clean cut and profesional, very neat, infact the layout here on Pinstack looks great! my user profile and pm section looks noticable different. I likes!
    2.HTML email is looking very nice woot! The header is much neater and emails sent from contacts has their pic up in the header aswell...nice touch!
    3. V I D E O R E C O R D E R. no explaination needed
    Make videos, play videos, send and share videos!!!
    4. Voice notes. No pen handy? boom! voice note to the rescue! (I just started to use Vlingo but VN is still a hella cool feature to have).
    5. Applications and Browser seems to open a bit faster.

I'm sure there are more noticable changes but these are the ones in noticed immediately.

I would definatly recommend this OS to anyone that may have been worrying about upgrading or sick of waiting for TMO to stop only promoting the TMO@Home and finally upgrade the OS on their site. Just be sure to follow the upgrade instructions and have patience cuz it takes awhile, 20-30 mins at least.

Ebanga
    <Message sent via BlackBerry 8320>
    Last edited by ebanga; 07-17-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo
    "Make It Count" R.I.P. Jay D ~ 6-25-05

mount2073 no está en línea Stack level 1
    OK - well how do i revert to the older OS that I had on my phone? I believe I had .37 version.

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg View Post
    I haven't really been keeping up on 4.5 for the 8100, as I haven't used mine in years, but I noticed the TIM Italy build supports it. Any differences? Do you still get video?
    You don't get video recording, but everything else is identical.
    Information should be free. Avoid trapping it in PMs/PINs if you can.

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey! So I did this last night and I totally love it, but why isn't html email not working? I don't even have the option to enable it when I go to options/email settings. Can someone please help?

perlguy9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM
    is there a difference between this and 4.5.0.37 (52)?

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by perlguy9 View Post
    I can tell you one big diff. .37 FRIES your SIM card!!!

---
    Curve 8320? via E-Mail... heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13
    here is something weird...i caved and decided to install it myself the first half hour i had this bad boy in my curve (8320) kept on resetting itself every other min i was ready to downgrade the OS.....but decided to remove my memory card, and now it hasn't reset itself in the past 30 min..... anyone else run into this problem?!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by perlguy9 View Post

.37 also has had issues with UMA. I would not recommend it for any T mobile customers.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by malcriado View Post
    here is something weird...i caved and decided to install it myself the first half hour i had this bad boy in my curve (8320) kept on resetting itself every other min i was ready to downgrade the OS.....but decided to remove my memory card, and now it hasn't reset itself in the past 30 min..... anyone else run into this problem?!
    Try reformatting your memory card. Sometimes the 4.5 OS doesn't like it until its reformatted. Dunno why
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Quote Originally Posted by melgr702 View Post
    Hey! So I did this last night and I totally love it, but why isn't html email not working? I don't even have the option to enable it when I go to options/email settings. Can someone please help?
    Resend the service books and html should work just fine

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    are there any major differences between the beta .52 and this official tim italy .52 for 8300? i already have beta .52 and trying to justify going thru that 1 hr of upgrade when technically its not an upgrade.

basic no está en línea Stack level 2
    Interesting issue - all my appts in my calendar are doubled up - not in my outlook just on my BB (and when I resync) the doubled appts stay but only appear once on outloook....otherwise fine...any thoughts?

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast