Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031 LastLast

Originally Posted by mitsustar Now if I go ahead and download this 4.5 OS to ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mitsustar View Post
    Now if I go ahead and download this 4.5 OS to my BB or to my laptop?
    Download it to your laptop and use Desktop Manager, Application Loader to install. Here is a thread that will help you with the steps. Be patient - it can take from 30 minutes to an hour.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cm111306 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242AB284
    Could someone here please help me on upgrading my phone 8320 to the new software. Im kinda clueless when it comes to the blackberry. So if someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it. You could get at me with the pin or email me at volcom_st0ne20@yahoo.com

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cm111306 View Post
    Could someone here please help me on upgrading my phone 8320 to the new software. Im kinda clueless when it comes to the blackberry. So if someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it. You could get at me with the pin or email me at volcom_st0ne20@yahoo.com

thank you
    cm, Go to the thread in the previous post (#436) for a step by step update procedure. Go to this thread to download the OS for your device.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mitsustar no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Just making sure

I went ahead and downloaded desktop manager 4.5 .. When I went ahead and plugged in my phone it asked me for some updates.... now I see here that it says that the update is for a 4.2???? why is that even though the desktop manager says 4.5? Also when I agreed to the update.. it backed up my information and now its in process of "erasing applications" is that normal for it to erase my applications so that it can update it? I'm only wondering because I wouldn't want to lose someone stuff in the process.... Is this normal????

mitsustar,

Just to have it straight, uninstall the OS (from your p-c) that you DO NOT want to install on you BB and install the OS to you p-c that you want to install (using DM) - be sure to delete the vendor file BEFORE you install to your BB.

mrdarklover no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i downloaded it for my 8320 and it messed up my phone I got a service message saying app error 523 reset so I reset and it gave me the same message and it wouldn't even let me reinstall the old software to the phone I downloaded the orange version should I have done another version
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-29-2008 at 01:14 PM.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Read this thread about the 523 error: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1326

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mrdarklover View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i downloaded it for my 8320 and it messed up my phone I got a service message saying app error 523 reset so I reset and it gave me the same message and it wouldn't even let me reinstall the old software to the phone I downloaded the orange version should I have done another version
    I don't know which phone you're trying to install it on but make SURE that you download the OS for THAT SPECIFIC device. These operating systems are for only one device, i.e. 8100, 8320, etc. (You cannot install an OS for a 8100 on a 8320 etc.)

TexasEx24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Johnny - Im looking to upgrade my 8320 since lately i have been getting some messaging errors. I downloaded the orange update however my PC does not let me open it because the publisher is unknown is there a way around it?

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    where on here can i find the os 4.5 for my phone... i so far downloaded desktop manager 4.5...need help
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cm111306 View Post

thank you
    Check this link...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Quote Originally Posted by wrxboi View Post
    where on here can i find the os 4.5 for my phone... i so far downloaded desktop manager 4.5...need help
    Try here, wrxboi...and if you need help with the update, just go to the thread referred to in the previous post.

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was finally able to install .52 last night on my 8320. I thought I had deleted the .xml file but hadn't. I tried for two days to get it to install and was about to post here that I was having trouble when I decided to go back and make sure I hadn't missed a step. That's when I found the .xml file was still there. Deleted it and the install went smoothly. Took some time to go back and run all the apps the first time but everything works.
    I am a happy camper!!

Glad you got it, sbrown - it pays to go slowly and "check off" each step carefully. We're all a little too eager at times.

ibbtexas no está en línea Stack level 1

4.5 and CNN Videos

Does ANYONE know of a 4.5 release that renders CNN videos correctly?
    Currently on 4.5.0.69.....
    Does the new Orange .52 solve this problem?
    thanks greatly,
    Paul S