Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031 LastLast

i cant seem to be able to download the orange uk file, are there any ... RIM Handheld OS forum

craig.ions no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

i cant seem to be able to download the orange uk file, are there any other sources?>

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.ions View Post
    i cant seem to be able to download the orange uk file, are there any other sources?>
    Welcome to PinStack, Craig!

What device do you have?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Welcome to PinStack, Craig!

What device do you have?
    Looks like you got a promotion too Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Looks like you got a promotion too Congrats
    Yeah, thanks. Still shaking my head over it, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve the PinStack community in whatever capacity I can!

ALX22TXS no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243DF00D

Thumbs up crossbar and flowbar dude

Quote Originally Posted by nealpolshuk View Post
    As my grandmother used to say... OY! I now getthe joy of reinstalling the OS for a 2nd time today.

Do you know of any good themes to put on an 8320 with the new OS 4.5?

ive got the crossbar on mine it looks dope...quick question does this upgrade mean i can go buy an 8g memory card i currently have a 4g it works fine but i need more memory and is 8g the highest the phone can handle? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX22TXS View Post
    ive got the crossbar on mine it looks dope...quick question does this upgrade mean i can go buy an 8g memory card i currently have a 4g it works fine but i need more memory and is 8g the highest the phone can handle? thanks in advance.
    Yes, you can get an 8gb card and as far as I know, it's the max capacity for now.

iheartmybb22 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    Ok, I feel totally stupid. I've downloaded the latest Desktop Manager and the OS, installed them both and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. When I go to connect my BB and open Desktop Manager, it checks for updates, but nothing. Can someone help me out? I really want to try it out already. =)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartmybb22 View Post
    Ok, I feel totally stupid. I've downloaded the latest Desktop Manager and the OS, installed them both and deleted the "vendor.xml" file. When I go to connect my BB and open Desktop Manager, it checks for updates, but nothing. Can someone help me out? I really want to try it out already. =)
    DOn't feel stupid - we'll help you through this. What version of DM did you install. I'm still on DM 4.3 using a couple of 4.5 OS on my handhelds. I don't know the status of DM 4.5 - I think it's ok but see if these instructions help you out any.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    DOn't feel stupid - we'll help you through this. What version of DM did you install. I'm still on DM 4.3 using a couple of 4.5 OS on my handhelds. I don't know the status of DM 4.5 - I think it's ok but see if these instructions help you out any.
    Ha, thanks. =) It's just frustrating. I downloaded the latest version, so DM 4.5. Yeah, I followed the instructions on that thread, too. It didn't work out. It checked for updates and nothing. Maybe I should try DM 4.3, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartmybb22 View Post
    Ha, thanks. =) It's just frustrating. I downloaded the latest version, so DM 4.5. Yeah, I followed the instructions on that thread, too. It didn't work out. It checked for updates and nothing. Maybe I should try DM 4.3, though.
    Just to be sure, you deleted the vendor file AFTER installing to your p-c and BEFORE installing to you BB, right?!!

When you say you checked for updates, specifically, you connected your BB to DM and executed application loader, right. It's difficult to be sure when you're not quite specific saying "It checked for updates and nothing." (Try to describe in detail just so we'll know what you're doing and what the results are.)

Now, if all my above assumptions are correct you might try re-installing the same OS that you have on your handheld to your P-C again. Sometimes installing DM AFTER installing the OS doesn't work (I think.) Although DM 4.5 should work - many Pinstack users have upgraded to it - I'm still on DM 4.3 and I recommend it - I've had NO PROBLEMS with it at all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kishuu no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had to reinstall 4.5 a few things stopped working for me. After wiping the device, reinstalling and restoring data, under options in the browser I can only pick tzones or hotspot browswer. Any idea on what I can do to get that option back?

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Just to be sure, you deleted the vendor file AFTER installing to your p-c and BEFORE installing to you BB, right?!!

When you say you checked for updates, specifically, you connected your BB to DM and executed application loader, right. It's difficult to be sure when you're not quite specific saying "It checked for updates and nothing." (Try to describe in detail just so we'll know what you're doing and what the results are.)

Now, if all my above assumptions are correct you might try re-installing the same OS that you have on your handheld to your P-C again. Sometimes installing DM AFTER installing the OS doesn't work (I think.) Although DM 4.5 should work - many Pinstack users have upgraded to it - I'm still on DM 4.3 and I recommend it - I've had NO PROBLEMS with it at all.
    lol, yeah. I deleted the vendor file. Yeah, I connected the BB to the PC and opened the application loader. When I did that, it checked for updates, but no updates were found. =/ I installed DM 4.5 first, then the OS. I think I might just change it to DM 4.3 then, though. It's frustrating.

mitsustar no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can someone help me?

Now I'm new to all this downloading OS 4.5 .. I currently own a blackberry curve that I purchased from tmobile. I have no clue what OTA stands for or OS. I just came across this website two days ago by accident looking for themes for my curve. Now what will this new update for the curve do for me? I want to get a theme that I unable to have it work at the moment because it is a 4.5 which I don't have . Can you help me out to figure everything out. Thank you in advance

OS means operating system. OTA means (downloading) over the air. In order to use 4.5 themes you must have 4.5 OS installed on your BB. Otherwise you need a 4.2 or higher theme OR one that does NOT specify 4.5. Does that help?

...and welcome to Pinstack. Keep looking and reading and asking - you'll catch on pretty fast.

mitsustar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Now if I go ahead and download this 4.5 OS to my BB or to my laptop?