Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031 LastLast

Mark, Sorry you're having trouble. I haven't heard of any problems related to this release ... RIM Handheld OS forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Mark, Sorry you're having trouble. I haven't heard of any problems related to this release of the OS that you are having but I certainly don't know all there is to know about it. Please update your profile with the basic info (so we'll know your carrier, etc.) and also, what version of Desktop Manager (DM) are you using? Maybe we can help you out with a few more details.

I'm not familiar with the "blackberry active dialup networking session" msg - anyone heard of that one?

Once you get your DM working you should be able to sync your address book giving priority to the Outlook and get you handheld, and the duplicate entries, straight. Hope that helps. I know it's late there but, if you have to sign off, pick it up when you can and someone will be here. Hope some of that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

8320Curve no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the reply. 42214 is the version of desktop manager and I am running a t-mobile 8320.

i have outlook set to overwrite the handheld but it still shows the duplicates on the device. is there a way to delete the handheld contacts all at once? perhaps then i could do another push from outlook and get them in. very frustrating for sure.

the odd thing is the desktop manager when synching show the correct number of contacts on the device, yet on the device itself i have dual entries.
    Last edited by 8320Curve; 07-27-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8320Curve View Post
    Thanks for the reply. 42214 is the version of desktop manager and I am running a t-mobile 8320.

i have outlook set to overwrite the handheld but it still shows the duplicates on the device. is there a way to delete the handheld contacts all at once? perhaps then i could do another push from outlook and get them in. very frustrating for sure.

the odd thing is the desktop manager when synching show the correct number of contacts on the device, yet on the device itself i have dual entries.
    If you're on DM 4.2 I think you'll need a later version to upgrade to OS 4.5. How about trying to get a newer DM - I'd recommend 4.3 only because it's the one that I currently use - and try installing the OS again.

You DID remember to delete the vendor file AFTER installing it to you P-C and BEFORE installing it to you device, didn't you?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

i currently have a very slow connection here and am downloading DM 4.5 at the moment. 1KB/s will take a while...

i did delete the vendor.xml after installing to the PC and before uploading to the handset, yes

the upgrade process seemed to work just fine. the last phone initialization lasted 30 minutes or so but it completed the installation. i have another theme loaded and when i did the firmware upgrade it switched to another theme i have on the device.

perhaps when i get the new DM i will re-load again as you suggest. is there a version of docs2go in this firmware? i did not notice it when i did the upgrade.

thanks again

The theme change is not unusual in my experience. Mine change to the T-Mobile theme FROM the Scribble theme - I found that the T-Mobile theme OMITTED my Blackberry Messenger icon completely. I had to go to Dimension L (another might have done it) to get the BBM icon to display on my home screen.

There IS a Docs to Go in the OS - you should see it when you upgrade.

Are you dealing with a dial-up internet connection? That might explain one of the msgs ("blackberry dialup networking session...?") that you mentioned early that I'm not familiar with - it could be perfectly normal.

dail-up proper, no. dial-up speeds yes :cry:

ok, so the theme thing is normal. not a problem as i can just change back. i will have to look for the docs2go when i install again.

is there a better (cleaner) method to do the upgrade? i did not wipe the device rather i followed the instructions in several of the upgrade posts here. it seemed to work with the exception of the address book.

is there a way to go back and just add docs2go without having to go through the entire upgrade process again? this is if i can get the dial-up error fixed...

I didn't wipe my BB before the upgrade - a number of users did but I didn't find it necessary. I hope you backed up your BB before you upgraded - it's always a good idea and DM helps with that too.

If you don't, for some reason, get the Docs 2 Go you should be able to get it by using the DM, Application Loader to load it or "load/unload" any ap that you want to once you have it all working correctly. Good luck and keep us posted as to you progress. If I'm not here hopefully someone will pick up the ball but I always come back - don't give up hope and be patient with the process.

thank you, i will. if a reboot of the pc and a battery pull does not fix i will have to wait for the download of the new DM and try again.

ok, reboot and battery pull and i have the same thing. i will try and uninstall the current version of DM and reinstall and try again.

ok, reboot and battery pull and i have the same thing. i will try and uninstall the current version of DM and reinstall and try again.
    I never answered your question re: the duplicate contacts. I don't know if there's another way to delete all of you contacts, but you can wipe the BB, if it's still functional, by options: security options, general settings: and then press menu key and select "Wipe Handheld" - but, BEFORE you do, make sure that you have everything you need to do the following: you'll have to install the OS and then install all other 3d-party software, etc manually after you get the OS up. Then you should be able to sync the contacts from Outlook - be very careful to give Outlook the priority when you do or you could lose them all.

Wiping the device is a little scary - some users just backup and do it as part of the upgrade procedure - but be careful if you take this route. It's not a bad way to go but you have to re-install and register any software, etc. I hope that helps.

ok, it think i got it. i reinstalled the DM software and that let me add the themes i wanted. i no longer have the dial-up error. i manually deleted all of of contacts from the device then did a push from outlook. i have not turned on wireless synch for the address book yet.

ok, it think i got it. i reinstalled the DM software and that let me add the themes i wanted. i no longer have the dial-up error. i manually deleted all of of contacts from the device then did a push from outlook. i have not turned on wireless synch for the address book yet.
    What's your OS - still 4.5.0.52? (I think that's what you had) and is it working OK?

that is correct and yes

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've read a few "rumor" type posts about SIM problems with the new OS (such as this one) but I haven't seen any confirmed incidents. It DOES appear from the post that the OS "ruined" the user's SIM twice but can't tell for sure. If I see others confirming the problem I'll post back here - anyone else?
    Thanks, Jblackfish

that is correct and yes
    Well, if I understand you you seem to have it going. Take your time and tread softly for a while.

I have to leave for now. If you have more problems post in here and if someone doesn't help you I'll try to - it'll probably be tomorrow before I'm back online. Good luck.